Are side markers suppose to blink?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
reegler

Are side markers suppose to blink?

Post by reegler »

Ok, i searched the forums and couldnt find anything specific but on my 1993 mx3, my drivers side marker blinks but very sporadically. My question is, is this even suppose to blink in the first place? When i bought my car, i noticed that it had spliced-n-diced wires with the harnesses. So im thinking some customized it to be like that. But any help would be nice. Thanks!

mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

no.

If it blinks at random times there is a bad connection somewhere.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Is it blinking randomly but only when the turn sig is on? Mazda did not wire the sidemarkers to blink at all but the "splice and dice" wiring you see might mean a previous owner modded the wiring to get the side markers to blink, usually in an alternating pattern with the turn sig light flashing. Either stock or modded, agree w/mr1in6billion re bad connection somewhere... trace the harness wiring back from each marker light and check for that, esp where the splice n dice was done. Even a bit of oxidation on poorly crimped/spliced connections could cause the prob.
Image -Jim

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”