CEL FROM HELL

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
boo-mx3

CEL FROM HELL

Post by boo-mx3 »

Ok i went on a road trip and broke down.. replaced dist, crank angle sensor, fuel inj relay, neg battery cable, and coolant is fine..

she is still hard to start, at least 3 cranks.. and I still got a cel ?oh and she isnt giving any codes.

oh while i was broke down i did a hei mod and she still didnt work.. so now i have a spare dist, that im gonna fully mod, but until i do so, does anyone have any ideas???
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Have you ever changed your fuel filter?

how do your plugs /wires look?
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

try draining the fuel pressure, and then dissconnecting the Neg off the battery then reconnect battery and pressure and start it up...might work.
boo-mx3

Post by boo-mx3 »

its not a fuel issue.. the only reason the relay was changed was, when i was broke down in B.F.N quebec, i jumped what i thought was # 10 on my thing a ma jig ...lol... under the hood and i fried the relay on my fuel.

plugs and wires are all good, sorry i forgot to mention that, but no i havnt changed the fuel filter, but its not starving at all, and no hesitation when she is running.

im thinking hmmm the bulb may accidently burn out...lol...jk
boo-mx3

Post by boo-mx3 »

common 53 views and 2 replys...

i know someone has the answer on here

btw its a k-8 w/ 274k
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

There are only a few options really. Fuel issue, air issue, spark issue. So ohm the air meter and make sure it is in spec, test fuel pressure if you can, but replace the filter if it is old. They should acually be repalced about once every year, but I don't know anyone that follows that. Run some fuel system cleaner to make sure the injectors are clean. You might ohm them to to make sure they are ok. However, they could still be clogged partially and thus the spray pattern can affect the start up since the gas will not be atomizing properly. Then check the spark again.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Forgot to mention, have your battery checked and make sure you are getting 12 volts when off and about 13.5 or more when running.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”