Engine is in and car is done. Pics and video...

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Franko
Supporting Member

Engine is in and car is done. Pics and video...

Post by Franko »

Check me out.. Im just the coolest arent I?

Youll have to excuse the thilthy car and dirty rear bumper, the turbo was getting WAYYYY too much oil pressure and burning it in the exhaust, so I put a restrictor in it yesterday and its been fine since. I might need to go even smaller with the size since its still getting alot.

I have a full turbo back mandrel bent 3 inch exhaust with just a magnaflow muffler at the back. I might have to put on a resonator but this would be liveable.. It could be a bit quieter though.

Shifting at 5000 rpm at 10 psi

Outside

Dont mind the puff at the end, the turbo is getting a tiny bit too much oil pressure. It would only do that once I took a video.. how annoying. :P

Turbonetics turbos are known for that anyway apparently.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Sick!

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Awesome....

The wastegate - rad clearance looks really close....
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Thanks for posting that for me and it looks like it will move once the boost is up over the 10psi mark (and after the break in period). I am interested in hearing it after the resonator is in to see how it much more quiet it makes it. After what we talked about today with the electric dump, I think I am going to go with the 3 inch exhaust again. Are you going to run a catalytic converter or just a resonator? Thanks again for the parts you hunted down for me.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

catalytic converter..? whats that?!? hehehe
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

your mx-3 is one of the motivations for keeping mine for a project car.

congrats on your rebuild.
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I hate embedded quicktime

wait for quicktime to load.......

then wait for the player to load the embedded window in the browser........

then wait for it to download........

that's why I really appreciated it when you just posted the file!! right click - save as!!! much faster!!! Thank you

:D
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
SSR Mx-3

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

It looks amazing... but it sounds even better.
SSR Mx-3: Custom CAI, custom 2.25 Magnaflow Exhaust (high-flow cat, resonator, & muffler), Genie 4-1 Header, Tokico Blue Struts, H&R Lowering Springs, Corksport front and rear Strut Bars, SSR Competition Wheels (11 lbs), Corksport Short-Shifter, KVR Slotted Front Rotors w/ KVR Carbon FIber Break Pads.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

"God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."- C.S. Lewis
Slade

Post by Slade »

Looks awesome, but is your speedo out of commision?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

catalytic converter gone a long time ago. I run open downpipe i like that turbo whine sound.

Sound better if u had a tial BOV but hey it still sounds nice.

Nice setup would love to see some time 1/4 runs.

Im in the mits of replacing the kia transmissions my 5th broken trans going on my 2nd kia trans LOL.

one of the set backs when ur making power LOL. I hope u don't go through as many trans as i have.

But good work and keep it up.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”