4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
IRISHmx-3

How do i remove my AC

Post by IRISHmx-3 »

guys is there anything i need to know?
dos anyoe have a step by step guide!
lost_mx3

Post by lost_mx3 »

Definatly have the system evacuated by an AC shop. Then everything will just unbolt. You will need a shorter belt if you remove the compressor.
1995 MX-3 1.6 DOHC 5SP.
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

if your looking for that extra little bit of power out of it and your looking to sacrafice a little you could remove your power steering pump and modify it and run it back into itslef and have a fill spout so that you could keep the gearbox lubricated
you can still drain it to if you do it right :D
all you realy gots to do is take the two tubes coming off the little gear box station and cut them and then cut the little cooling unit thats mounted on your front bumper and connect them with some good hose
it makes driving a little more...fun :)
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

lost_mx3

Post by lost_mx3 »

And builds the biceps! My cousin has a '92 protege dx that the pump has been out on for years. It's his "daily workout" and he won't fix it. lol
1995 MX-3 1.6 DOHC 5SP.
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

yea i know...its like now that ive ben without my car for about a month i feel like i cant even move a book..not to mention i work at a parts store so when the heavy parts come in...thats fun...:sacasmsarcasm:
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”