Swapped Injectors, Lost Power

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Bolverk

Swapped Injectors, Lost Power

Post by Bolverk »

Well, I swapped the fuel rails on my ZE from the old K8 ones that the mechanic put on to the rails I pulled off the straight neck manifold that came with the ZE. It started up and everything seemed to be working just fine. But when the engine is cold and I open the throttle up, I get nothing. It doesn't stall, it just accelerates very slowly. After the engine warms up to normal operating temps I dont have that problem, but it still seems to have less power than before. Any ideas whats going on?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Could be a bad FPR or messed up injectors. I would put the K8s back on and send the KLs to be remanufactured.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Cy

Post by Cy »

when i got my BP i had to replace 2 of the injectors because the idiots who pulled the motor musta smacked the fuel rail with something and cracked the nozzle housing....

Injectors are the most common part to get damaged on a donor motor (purchased)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

same thing happen to me when i swapped injectors.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

And what fixed it? New injectors or a fuel pressure regulator?
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

I've had good experiences sending injectors for refurbishing and flow testing by these guys:
http://www.witchhunter.com/

Reasonable prices @$17 per injector and faaast shipping too.
Image -Jim
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

neutral wrote:I've had good experiences sending injectors for refurbishing and flow testing by these guys:
http://www.witchhunter.com/

Reasonable prices @$17 per injector and faaast shipping too.
Wow - I've been trying to find somebody locally to refurbish my old set of klze injectors but no luck. That's a decent price!

thanks for the link!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Did you reset the computer when you swapped injectors?

If you don't have any idle issues (which would indicate a vacuum leak), then I would try resetting the computer and proceed from there.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I fixed it by swapping them out for another set I had around.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Quick question: How do I reset the computer?

I haven't driven it for days cause a seal in the radiator is busted and it dumps the coolant out and overheats. Ordered new parts for that, should be fixed by friday.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”