Power Steering Problem

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Matt

Power Steering Problem

Post by Matt »

My PS pump seized because when we did the motor swap the guy never hooked it up. I am wondering If i dont want power steering can I just run high pressured hoses from the pump to the little container to fill the power steering and back to the pump. My problem was its on the same circuit as the crank and water pump. I need this done today or tommorow help is appreciated
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Just get a new belt that does not go around the PS pump. You'll have to find one that fits as all MXs came with PS thus they will not have a specific belt listed for no PS. You will need to fill the rack and then run a line from the high to low side and make sure it is full of fluid. Otherwise the next thing to sieze will be the rack and then you cannot steer. The line will let the fluid flow from one side to the other when you turn the wheel and the fluid will keep the rack lubricated so the seals and gears stay intact.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
lutos

Post by lutos »

goto the wreckers and buy a PS pump
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Yeah, the MX-3 is not fun without P/S.
Cody

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”