31%
you are as angry as i am
31%

Total votes: 13

ovendenk
Supporting Member

why are some americans so ignorant?

Post by ovendenk »

now, before i get flamed, i'm not saying ALL americans. i'm talking about some, especially in hockey.

i, like a lot of people, have been watching the stanley cup playoffs especially the ottawa-pittsburgh series. now, yesterday during the singing of the canadian anthem some of the pittsburgh fans had the audacity to actually booo. how f**king stupid are these people?!?! their main player (crosby) is canadian. do they not support crosby???

this happens far too regularly in american hockey arenas, especially during playoffs, every year. you never hear canadians boo the american anthem. now, whether it's because we have more class or whether it's because we realize that we have americans playing for our teams, i don't know. :rant2:

what's your opinion?
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I find Hockey to be rather dull.. but to be honest.. there are plenty of rude sports fans every where.. and I bet you there have been plenty of times canadians have boo 'd the american anthem.. you may just not be aware of it. Hockey is a violent sport.. arguably the most violent of the 4 major north american sports. It surprises you that the fans get nasty? But I will point out that Pittsburgh fans in general seem to have less class then most other places. Just my two cents.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I heard the Canucks fans booing the American anthem once, but that was because of the war IIRC. Either way, ppl should have more respect. Without Canadas support the US would be in a deep hole for power and water, visa versa for Canada if the US was stopping exports to us. We should really learn to get along even though Canada is the best place to live in the world :P
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i'm a hockey player, but i've got to say, at least here in the states, the entire hockey sport is mired in unsportsmanlike conduct. it's the fans, it's the players... the whole sport. just total negativity through and through. it's more or less why i never got really into it. and i'm glad i started out later, like in high school, because every kid i knew who grew up playing hockey just had a lot of attitude.

i'm sure half the fans are those kids all grown up. i would blame the us hockey sport culture more than anything. that said... well. the world is full of stupid people. more than not. it's frustrating. look at my topic a few posts down... i'm pullin my damn hair out
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Haha. Ignorance and stupidity are universal. What about all those football (soccer) hooligans? Fighting people because they like some other team more? Fights happen between fans in most violent sports (american football, hockey, etc). I just figure violent sports attract violent fans. Baseball is a pretty laid back sport; the fans cheer a lot, but are generally well conserved. Golf is a really laid back sport; I've never heard of a golf brawl (except for that time in happy gilmore).
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

tunes, i guess i should clarify my annoyance. i'm by no means saying that i'm annoyed at the fans for getting nasty. i realize that's part of the game. what i'm saying is that i'm frustrated with their ignorance. there's over 20 canadians on the penguins team which means over half the team is canadian. the fans are so stupid that they would boo the national anthem of their own players, then cheer for them 5 min later.

i know that hockey, football, soccer are very aggressive sports and that affects the fans. i have no complaints since i too can get riled up because of a game, it's natural. it's just stuff like booing the team you are cheering for that bugs me.

and i'm sure there have been canadians in the past have booed the american anthem, but i've never heard commentators actually mention it whereas i have heard them say it on numerous occasions in reference to american fans booing the canadian anthem.
kevin (aka The Oven)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

welp heres my two cent on the thing.

yes there are ignorant azz hats,
I understand why you are pissed, its the same when I see americans burning the FLAG & saying that its there freedom of speech & there right. I think they are just ignorant & ignoring them is the best. If no one aknowledges them & they wont do it
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Thats cause ALOT OF AMERICANS ARE IGNORANT
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
hharb

Post by hharb »

haha, Americans are VERY special, thats all i got to say lol.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

haha, Americans are VERY special, thats all i got to say lol.

I really hate being generalized.. people are stupid everywhere.. not just in the US. I once used to play a online WWII game called Call of Duty.. used to play on a server that was run by canadians.. at first they seemed cool and fun to play the game with.. then I caught them talking about me behind my back like I was an idiot. So from this experience.. should I take it all canadians are fake and two faced bastards? Point is.. dont generalize.. its even worse than assuming and we all know to assume is to make an "a--" out of "u" and "me".

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
hharb

Post by hharb »

haha, sorry i didnt mean to be an a$$, i mean if there is one guy who hates stereotypes that guy would be me. in any case half my family is infact american lol, and my ex is american too. and by saying special i didnt necessarily mean anything bad, anyways i hope you're not offended cuz that was not my intention. a--holes are everywhere anyways.

** oh and BTW lol, you guys make crazy fun of us ( im not generalizing ).
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

I don't buy the American's are ignorant crap and have purposefully skipped over this topic several times but curiosity got the better of me. I guess I just hadn't read a good flame in a while. So we can all agree that there are idiots everywhere and it depends on where you stand as to who is the idiot. Totally agree that it was moronic for them to boo one of their own team's anthems. But here is a thought. Coming from the south, college football is huge. Fans here will boo the other teams fight song all the time. It is possible that these particular morons were failing to realize that a National Anthem holds much more meaning to the majority of folks...Though some NCAA football fans might disagree. Just another viewpoint that no one has looked at. Anyway you look at it, it is still pointless and IMO totally classless. *flips in two canadian pennies*

OOOH! Clasic example that stupid all depends on where you stand...JUST TODAY, I got a call from a guy at the Windsor Assembly Plant (Canada for those who don't know) who was woried about a strange yellow dust covering the containers that we ship parts in. He said that people were very concerned and wanted to make sure that this foreign substance was not toxic. I tried unsucessfully to contain my laughter and told him that it was spring time in the south and he had just been exposed to the yellow plague of Georgia...Pine Tree Pollen.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

ccreech wrote:
OOOH! Clasic example that stupid all depends on where you stand...JUST TODAY, I got a call from a guy at the Windsor Assembly Plant (Canada for those who don't know) who was woried about a strange yellow dust covering the containers that we ship parts in. He said that people were very concerned and wanted to make sure that this foreign substance was not toxic. I tried unsucessfully to contain my laughter and told him that it was spring time in the south and he had just been exposed to the yellow plague of Georgia...Pine Tree Pollen.

ANTHRAX!!!

OH NOES!!!

LOL Thats some funny Shtuff, right there. I dont care who you are, thats funny.

:lol:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

ccreech wrote:I don't buy the American's are ignorant crap and have purposefully skipped over this topic several times but curiosity got the better of me. I guess I just hadn't read a good flame in a while. So we can all agree that there are idiots everywhere and it depends on where you stand as to who is the idiot. Totally agree that it was moronic for them to boo one of their own team's anthems. But here is a thought. Coming from the south, college football is huge. Fans here will boo the other teams fight song all the time. It is possible that these particular morons were failing to realize that a National Anthem holds much more meaning to the majority of folks...Though some NCAA football fans might disagree. Just another viewpoint that no one has looked at. Anyway you look at it, it is still pointless and IMO totally classless. *flips in two canadian pennies*

i'm not going to pretend to know a whole lot about football or these 'fight songs', but aren't they unique to the whole team? so, it's like chirping (trying to rattle the other team) taken to the extreme where you now get to simultaneously bug the entire team. i guess i'm just saying that booing a fight song is way less than booing an anthem. your national pride should always come first over sports, no question. besides they wouldn't be booing the fight song of their own players, which is the whole reason of this thread.

anyways, as can be seen by the poll results, there is a even distribution of opinions on the topic which is what i figured. so, the argument could go on and on and never end cause they're are multiple people on each side of the fence. i hope you americans understand that i'm not implying you are ALL ignorant, just some. now, i'm sure there are ignorant canadians too, but i just haven't seen them in this type of situation.
kevin (aka The Oven)
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

I admitted that those folks were extremely retarded. Those are our OPINIONS though.
your national pride should always come first over sports, no question.
I bet there are a bunch of people in the U.S. that have more pride in their Alma Mater or sports team than they do in their country in this day and time of Bandwaggon Bush Bashing. While I agree with you...Saying that they SHOULD do anything is silly because everyone is different. I say people should shower too but certain religions don't...does that make it wrong?

I am just saying that in a "Free Society" you end up either tolerating or being irritated by a lot and the two are inversely related. I chose to tolerate some of the stupidity in the world. Maybe you should write the NHL and see if they will start ejecting fans who boo a National Anthem. (Dead serious) You either work to fix a problem, tolerate a problem, or do like a woman and cry about it until someone fixes it for you. HAHA! (Kidding...kinda...I hope you get the point.) If I ever go to a hockey game....doubtful...and hear someone booing the Canadian National Anthem though, I swear on my Mx-3 that I will punch him in the face. I don't care how big he is. :lol:
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain

Return to “Off-Topic”