Oxymoron: Cheap and Quiet universal exhaust?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
freyguy_412

Oxymoron: Cheap and Quiet universal exhaust?

Post by freyguy_412 »

I'm looking to get rid of my "fart can." Just kinda tired of people hearing me coming from over a mile away, or even up to 2 miles in wide open spaces....

It's a twin canister OBX free flowing "muffler." You can see right through it, all the way from the 1 to 2 split out through the tips... Very Loud!

I've been quoted a constant $600 to weld on a new factory muffler, and that doesn't include undoing my stainless steel 2 1/4" catback. I figure they could just use a reducer and leave the catback since it was routed the same way.

Does anyone have any experience with any universal exhaust muffler that is nearly as quiet as stock? I'd rather have the quiet sound vs the performance gain at this point... But I think my baby might benefit torque wise from a bit from getting some of her back pressure back.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Flowmaster 60 series. It's wonderful. it is slightly louder than stock, but very nice and quiet. if you have sound dampening material, you won't even hear it down the highway. Otherwise, it's not noticable at all. it's VERY nice. Plus, it's high flow, too :D
It keeps the low notes, too, so if you gun it, it's going to sound good :D
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

I put on a Genie Header Which Improved Top end Power also Made The Exhaust a little louder. I have a 3.5'' Muffler tip and I like to have the Race sound but not the constant 3k rpm rev when driving on the highway. I bought a $10.00 Sliencer on Ebay Its as almost as Quiet as Stock But still has somwhat of a performance sound + I can remove it when I want. Might be the best option in terms of Price and modifing. I can Sell you a Bran new DOHC 4-2-1 Genie header + New 3.5 Muffler Chrome Us $225.00 Shipped If Intrested email me Speedemon1986@msn.com.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”