Is this what a AC refrigerant with dye leak looks like?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
tysoe

Is this what a AC refrigerant with dye leak looks like?

Post by tysoe »

These pics were taken from behind the plastic splash guard on the drivers side just regular light coming through no UV or anything.

Or is it something else? the wet stuff looks the color of coolant to me, the die in the AC is a bright yellow. Thought I'd get an opinion being new to working on cars.

The AC was recharged about 3 weeks ago and has definately been leaking , and the coolant resevoir is full, engine takes a few minutes to warm up etc.

Anyway, trying to find the AC leak and wonder if this is it?
It's on the wrong side of the car for the compressor, and looks to be coming from the large hose with the screw on fastner rather than the metal AC hoses.
lutos

Post by lutos »

yes that does look very much like PEG oil (the oil in the A/C) if u are concerned about it being cooland get your cooling system pressure checked and are you needing to add cooland? but cooland usually does not give a pattern like that
tysoe

Post by tysoe »

heh cool, looks like I have a good location to start figuring out where the leak is :)

I'm almost positive it isn't coolant. THanks man :)

Just cleaned it up and have to see if I can figure out where its coming from now :(
lutos

Post by lutos »

np
lutos

Post by lutos »

np
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Is that a hole on the line? also it could be antifreeze that is leaking slowly.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
lutos

Post by lutos »

it way too brigt to be anti-freeze

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”