MX3 V6 1.8 turbo project questions

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
lerutis

MX3 V6 1.8 turbo project questions

Post by lerutis »

Hi

I've read alot of threads here about turbo converting the K8 engine.
Very useful info and i think i'm ready for it soon, just bought a very healthy MX3, from 1992. I've had a mx3 for about 3 years before but it's now in such a bad condition that i don't feel like spending alot of money on the engine.

What i'm looking for is more pictures of others projects, how the kit itself is installed, where you made the pipings, where you put the turbo, any other modifications to the engine and the engine room itself. I've seen some pictures, but i'm asking for more ;) hehe

I'm planning on buying the Turbo manifold:
http://www.jeroentje.nl/index.php?page= ... 2&car_id=4

And go from that one, i'm also curious if anyone did something else, like piping from the stock manifold or something.

Hope i can find some more info, pictures is priceless and more tips.
I'm planning on running on the stock engine without modification, i'm also planning without IC, putting max 0,3-0,4 bar.

Thanks !

Regards

Erik
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

You should really consider getting a KLDE and turbo that instead.
The K8 has so small and weak rods that they might snap before you hit 200hp.

With a DE you can hit 250hp without doing any internal stuff to the engine etc.

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
K8Boosted

Post by K8Boosted »

I bought those same pipes for my k8 turbo and was impressed with the quality they due need some minor refab work the turbo will sit a little to low so u will need to make a inch or so riser block or buy one and get another gasket for it, the only pipe thaat needs work is the return pipe i smushed mine into an oval so it did not rub on the block and needs to be reshaped a little WELL WORTH THE MONEY
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx-3 Kl Turbo (Weekend/show car)
95 talon tsi awd (Daily Driver For Sale 6,000 or Trade for a Mx
1989 Cbr600 (StreetFighter/Stunt Bike)
1967 Winnebago Motor Home (Pimped out Party Bus a friend and I went in halfs on)
1972 gremlin X Turbo Diesel :) , 1999 VR4 Fathers Cars that i end up working on and drving alot
cbrzx

Post by cbrzx »

How much Power do you get with a K8 turboed?
Anyone done it before?

Return to “Forced Induction”