Calgary Spring Mini-meet

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Calgary Spring Mini-meet

Post by wyldside »

Spring is here and it's time for a Mini-Meet!

To kick start the new season, we'll be holding a spring mini-meet at the NE Cactus Club.

Date: April 28th, 2007
Time: 11:30am to 1:00pm
Address:
2612 39 Avenue NE
Calgary, AB

We will mostly be meeting just for lunch, so make sure you bring your appetite. When you arrive, please try to make an attempt to park your MX-3s together. Obviously some people will not be able to bring their MX-3s (like me), but that is okay. That doesn't stop you from visiting and chowing down on some excellent food.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

bah....stupid north (I have anxiety hence driving that far for me is a no go)

if you guys cruise around after.....and come south-ish...lemme know :P
Banned for not following rules.
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

im gonna try to make it down, shouldnt be an issue so count me in hopefully
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

I'll be there, sporting the FINNISHED bodykit. 8)
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

"MX34M3", there is someone driving 3hrs down from Edmonton (well, 2hrs with his driving), but your complaining about driving to the North end of the same frickin city. :roll: Notice how everyone else who responded so far doesn't live in Calgary. Even I don't live in Calgary and I still go. That reminds me of the Vancouver members not wanting to drive to Western Annual MX-3 Meet when it used to be in Vancouver because the meet location was too far out of the way for them and almost all the members from Calgary, AB drove to Vancouver for it. That's why we just moved the annual meet to Kelowna. Less distance to travel for the Alberta members since barely any Vancouver members show up anyway. Kelowna is an awesome choice since it's quite central for everyone, lots of local MX-3s, and the weather always kicks a$$. Sorry for the rant, but we're not going to move the meet to your front door step. We've had people bltch before about always having the meets in the South, but when we have it in the North end, they never showed up. I typically alternate between city section to accommodate to people in all regions. This year there will even be meets and events in Edmonton. Don't worry, no one will expect to see you up there. If you don't feel like going to a meet because it's not close to you, that's fine. But don't complain about it. Sorry, but hearing crap like that really pisses me off. :x

It will be good to see everyone after the long winter. I'm going to feel like such an outcast without my MX-3. :( I hope I can save up the $$$ I need to get this beast on the road again soon. :wink:
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Well put. I know I've tried to get to events it just turns out to be bad timing on my part (3 kids, working wife, etc). I hope that I can make many events this year. As far as location, like Wildside said, we have guys travelling 100's of km's to show up for just meetings, let alone events.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

wyldside wrote:"MX34M3", there is someone driving 3hrs down from Edmonton (well, 2hrs with his driving), but your complaining about driving to the North end of the same frickin city. :roll: Notice how everyone else who responded so far doesn't live in Calgary. Even I don't live in Calgary and I still go. That reminds me of the Vancouver members not wanting to drive to Western Annual MX-3 Meet when it used to be in Vancouver because the meet location was too far out of the way for them and almost all the members from Calgary, AB drove to Vancouver for it. That's why we just moved the annual meet to Kelowna. Less distance to travel for the Alberta members since barely any Vancouver members show up anyway. Kelowna is an awesome choice since it's quite central for everyone, lots of local MX-3s, and the weather always kicks a$$. Sorry for the rant, but we're not going to move the meet to your front door step. We've had people bltch before about always having the meets in the South, but when we have it in the North end, they never showed up. I typically alternate between city section to accommodate to people in all regions. This year there will even be meets and events in Edmonton. Don't worry, no one will expect to see you up there. If you don't feel like going to a meet because it's not close to you, that's fine. But don't complain about it. Sorry, but hearing crap like that really pisses me off. :x

It will be good to see everyone after the long winter. I'm going to feel like such an outcast without my MX-3. :( I hope I can save up the $$$ I need to get this beast on the road again soon. :wink:

obviously youre too stupid to read WHY I cant......read something and comprehend it before you try to be cool and b---- about it........f---ing moron :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

well I wouldnt bother showing up now regardless if I was you MX you just blasted the president of our club, so chances are you wont be too embraced.

C mon guys I dont drive THAT fast...do I??? I'm competative, cut me a break lol. But yea I confirmed it today, I'll be there as long as the roads clear up. Why is it snowing in April anyway?? :x Im excited to see some members cars I haven't seen yet. (and to show off my awesome leather interior HAHA)

Can't wait to see the car with skirts Stacy. Send me pics as soon as you get some.
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

I honestly dont care......but dealing with ignorant people that spout off when they have no idea reasons behind things annoys the f--- outta me
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

I have anxiety hence driving that far for me is a no go
If you have anxiety...how can you handle driving way over the speed limit on Deerfoot?? Just a thought.

Yeah Tim, looking forward to seeing your SE. I'm picking "Bling" up next Friday. So I'll post pics on the board.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

Bling Bling wrote:
I have anxiety hence driving that far for me is a no go
If you have anxiety...how can you handle driving way over the speed limit on Deerfoot?? Just a thought.

Yeah Tim, looking forward to seeing your SE. I'm picking "Bling" up next Friday. So I'll post pics on the board.

I dont have a problem with actual driving or speeding......just a problem with driving FAR
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

My wife has an anxiety problem, she doesn't mind driving far just hates rush hour traffic...drives her nuts :evil:
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
Silktrain

Post by Silktrain »

Stacy, who doesn't have a problem with rush hour? :shock: I love driving, hate rush hour....

Anyhoo, I've booked the Saturday off work, so I should be at the meet on the 28th. Can't wait to see the latest additions to "Bling"!
Mark Klassen
Burnt Black '96 GS - RIP
MX-West
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

MX34M3 wrote:I honestly dont care......but dealing with ignorant people that spout off when they have no idea reasons behind things annoys the f--- outta me

Whatever. I'm not going to waste my time with this. I just couldn't see how going from one part of the city to the other is considered too far. I understand that you prefer not to drive that distance for a meet up. That's fine. It's your choice. Maybe you just caught me on a bad day or I'm just understanding your message in the wrong context. Perhaps I took your "anxiety" as being sarcastic is some way and not actually serious (a typical problem when only communicating via text). I am sorry if I offended you. I'll just leave it at that.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

wyldside wrote:
MX34M3 wrote:I honestly dont care......but dealing with ignorant people that spout off when they have no idea reasons behind things annoys the f--- outta me

Whatever. I'm not going to waste my time with this. I just couldn't see how going from one part of the city to the other is considered too far. I understand that you prefer not to drive that distance for a meet up. That's fine. It's your choice. Maybe you just caught me on a bad day or I'm just understanding your message in the wrong context. Perhaps I took your "anxiety" as being sarcastic is some way and not actually serious (a typical problem when only communicating via text). I am sorry if I offended you. I'll just leave it at that.
You yourself didnt offend me.....its just the only thing that bothers me.....when people take things the wrong way concerning my anxiety issues....I have a major panic disorder and it limits everything I do......its not that I dont WANT to drive (any distance) for a meet......its that I CANT (I cant even make it downtown).....so even north of that is far to me.......I wasnt complaining about it........just sucks cuz I WANT to meet....just couldnt make it there without having a major attack.....Im sorry for calling you stuff.......had to explain the same thing to someone earlier in the day and they didnt understand it....so then I read your post and it pissed me off.....was just sick of people mistaking what I would want to do with what I am capable of doing.....and thinking Im b----ing about something when Im not[/i]

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”