Project MX3 and Project CRX unvield (no 56k)

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

Project MX3 and Project CRX unvield (no 56k)

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

The only reason I primered the whole car was because it had scratches and alot of other stuff. It was also good practice though for using a paint gun. Plus, it was my first time and I didnt really know I didnt have to primer the whole thing. It had alot of dent but unfortanely I dont have pics.

I had pics of the MX3 from last year. The paint was fading and it had some dents. I got alot of compliments on my paint job. The orange peel wasnt really noticable. Teacher and everyone was impressed. Espically since its black.
The stock rims are really dirty, automatic tranny is slipping and I still have to put on the stock spoiler. I am looking into lowering it soon, tint windows and rims.

These set of 18s are going on my MX3 as soon as i lower it. MX3 is going to be pimpin. These rims are dirty right now.

Now, onto my future daily driver car while the MX3 gets engine work done (KLZE/5speed swap)

Early pics of Project CRX

and later pics when even MORE rust was discovered. Last owner thought he could cover it with Bondo... moron :(

Here is when I took off some of the bondo and rust

These pictures are 2 weeks old now. Car is coming along nicely. Soon, within 3 weeks it will be done. Got to take off drivers side fender and both sideskirts... man, those things are going to be hard to take off :(
I hate rust with a passion
Im glad to say that the last owner did something right, he tinted the windows. Other then that, it has a bad CAT, and downpipe isnt even connected

Bought it for $500
its a 88 HF with about 102k miles (my a--, but atleast its a 5speed and works right)

All pics were taken from my CellPhone
btw, the MX3 was dirty. You cant really tell. It looks dark black and shiney after washed.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Boris

Post by Boris »

wow, third picture down has the ugliest accord ever in the backround haha. HUGE wing.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

Nice job looks like your doing some pretty good bodywork to those cars...i have an mx3 now but i use to own 3 crx's and an integra tried doin bodywork myself on the integra but failed miserably so i give you huge respect!!!!
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

New pics should come in soon. Taking out the sideskirts is going to be a PITA on the CRX :(
They look hard to get out
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Drop a klze on the crx! lol jk. We got a crx too but i guess we are just going with the sohc vtec since the mx3 is my concentration. Turbo for the mx3 is around the corner. I Like that crxs have tons of mods you can do for cheap. Good luck on both cars.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

thats a lot of work on that crx, you better off buying a Charger or some other restorable car and put that work effort into it, itll be worth it also. Unlike with crx where it'll still be just a CRX. props on hard work man, I know how hard body work is with all the rust included.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

mitmaks wrote:thats a lot of work on that crx, you better off buying a Charger or some other restorable car and put that work effort into it, itll be worth it also. Unlike with crx where it'll still be just a CRX. props on hard work man, I know how hard body work is with all the rust included.
I would of done that but I wouldnt be able to find any Chargers or Mustangs around.
The CRX will be done in atleast 3 more weeks. A American Muscle car would take me a long a-- time which I dont have since the year is ending.

Maybe, I might sell the CRX. Some kid is offering me $1,200 after its done. I am thinking of selling it for $1500-$1600.
Make about $600-800 out of it. Get that money into the MX3
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”