MX3 VS Honda

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
superman_t11

MX3 VS Honda

Post by superman_t11 »

Now this isn't all the time but a good majority of the time when I watch a video MX3 will always beat the Honda off the line but between about 40-60 MPH they will start to fall behind. I only bring this up because last week I was at a stop light and a lil sooped Civic ricer pulls up next to me. Someone i know actually, enemies to say the least. Anyways, we exchange revs and race, Off the line its no comparison I destroyed him, but after i hit 50 he caught up and pulled ahead. I was so mad :x Just makes me hate hondas that much more. Granted, im running a stock V6 K8 and he had a turbo 4 banger. Anyone with a turbo or KLZE race a honda?
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

B18 (190hp) Integras vs. KLZE or BPT MX3s, the win always goes to the KLZE/BPT MX3.

Our cars weigh about the same as there cars (Integras) except that we have about 50ft more torque then they do.
As for the Civic hatchbacks,, I am pretty sure they weigh about 200lbs to 300lbs less so its really a drivers race there.
Them H20 Civics are pretty sick. 220hp/160ft torque, you better watch out for them. However, those swaps are really expensive so dont expect alot of Civics to have them

Its pretty funny that we can make our cars as fast as Hondas at about the same price yet so many people think that Hondas are the way to go.

You can build a BPT to go 230hp+ (and more) for alot more cheaper then any Civic/Integra/CRX
I'm pretty sure that the same will go for a KLZE.
However, I still think Hondas have more potential. Mostly because they have millions of tuners modiying Honda engines instead of K series engines or BP series engines.
Plus, they have been using B series engines for a long a-- time on many of their cars. Its no wonder Hondas/Acuras are always getting stolen
Last edited by Juans_93_MX3 on March 25th, 2007, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
NorCalMX3

Post by NorCalMX3 »

i hate hondas, theres too many of em driving around nowadays. people think theyre so unique in their little hondas when in fact its a huge bandwagon.
1992 MX-3 GS:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2607936
1995 Honda Del Sol (Current Main until KL-ZE Swap):
http://teamsolcal.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=20662
timexim

Post by timexim »

Simply, Honda's have a better aftermarket support. That's the only thing that gives them more potential. I'm new to the Mazda community but former Nissan guy still no fan of Honda. I haven't learned too much about Mazda motor setups yet but I do remember the one advantage Nissan had over honda and that was power band. Honda's are made to have high power at high rpms. At low rpms their powerband sucks. I know nissans sr20 and ga16 motor's were designed more for mid range than high rpms but not sure about the K8. However, it's been my experience that most honda's suck off the line and part of it has to do with no low-mid rpm power. Just my 2 cents

Mitch
Former sentra gxe owner. Proud new owner of a 92 MX-3 GS 5-speed.
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

well i had to say something because im a former owner of 4 diffrent honda's(3 crx's,1 integra) anyway ive had my mx3 for a awhile now and even when i had my honda's i always wanted an mx3 but i use to think hondas were good just because of the aftermarket for them but..as youve all said way too many around and im not one to follow huge trends and what not so i bought my mx3 and so far way better then any honda i have owned and i can't wait to destroy them when i get a bp with some mods into my car!!!!!
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I beat Odyssey's and CR-V's all the time!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I like both mx3 and honda, I used to hate honda until we got the crx. They are reliable tons of mods. The crx can never keep up with my mx3 thi.. its a sohc. The h22 preludes are slower than mx3s because of the weight and a bit of less torque. B16, b18 are no match for the klze. Unless lets say you drop an h22 or a k20 on a crx and yeah that would be fast and nice but pricey. We spend around 1000 - 1500 in our klze swaps, a b16 swap on a civic costs around 2500 and up and you get less power. IMO any kind of car can have potential, except some have more expensive platforms. The crx will get a sohc vtec swap but thats it. klze is going turbo for sure. Sadly its a honda world out there and everyone has one... but the mx3s kick some good behind!!! w00 zoom zoom zoom. I would never trade my mx3 for a modded honda or even a k20 crx.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I like S2000's, body styling on particular preludes, but as power goes, they don't have any.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

hgallegos915 wrote:I like both mx3 and honda, I used to hate honda until we got the crx. They are reliable tons of mods. The crx can never keep up with my mx3 thi.. its a sohc. The h22 preludes are slower than mx3s because of the weight and a bit of less torque. B16, b18 are no match for the klze. Unless lets say you drop an h22 or a k20 on a crx and yeah that would be fast and nice but pricey. We spend around 1000 - 1500 in our klze swaps, a b16 swap on a civic costs around 2500 and up and you get less power. IMO any kind of car can have potential, except some have more expensive platforms. The crx will get a sohc vtec swap but thats it. klze is going turbo for sure. Sadly its a honda world out there and everyone has one... but the mx3s kick some good behind!!! w00 zoom zoom zoom. I would never trade my mx3 for a modded honda or even a k20 crx.
I dont know about that
MX3 vs. CRX
KLDE vs. B16 (drivers race)
KLZE or BPT vs. B18 (drivers race)
A b16 makes about the same amount of HP as a KLDE and CRXs do weigh about 350lbs lighter.
B18 from a GSR has about the same amount of HP as a KLZE.

MX3s are just much better looking, cheaper to mod.
I have a 1988 Honda CRX Hf aswell
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
superman_t11

Honda

Post by superman_t11 »

I just can't get over how over rated Honda's are. Civics especially where im from. they are everywhere.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Trust me.. the b18 is krap... its not a drivers race.. the b18 is NON vtec... its 4 cyl dohc. Only a built b18 can take a ze. I had a b18 integra. I should know better. The b16 always loose, they tend to drop out at the end when vris kicks (for us)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
tysoe

Post by tysoe »

Mazdas have always focused on affordably sporty cars and have always had the best chasis, suspension and handling for racing. They do tend to go more for fun than all out speed.

There's a reason that the Miata is one of the biggest racing series, and thats because its the best bang for $ RWD sports car with great handling.

MX3 is pretty good for a FWD car and better than the competition in its day. It may be underpowered now, but its light and still has great handling whist other cars have bulked up and seem to favour comfort and power over fun handling and good road communication.

Those big heavy wheels don't help much either.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”