Headlight adjustment help..

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
solo_ryder

Headlight adjustment help..

Post by solo_ryder »

I was reading the FAQ here and I found some good info there so I was going to adjust my headlights because they seem really low, even though they are perfectly equal.

So I know there is 2 screws there that you can turn to adjust the headlights, well my problem is that they do not want to turn, they are super tight and only the one healight goes up or down... I know that they have some gear type adjuster inside and that the one end is plastic so I do not want to strip them. Any ideas?
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

There are two small screws on either side of the adjustment screws holding the whole adjustment mechanism down - you can take them out carefully, clean and lube them. I didnt have any luck with one of those setups because when i took it out it just crumbled into a lot of white powder - but the others worked fine after i was done.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

My suggestion would be to leave them alone. If the lighting is just not enough and you want some cheap easy help, get fog lights and wire them up. The stock aiming plastics are old and brittle and I have not seen many that adjust without breaking.
If you need to know how to measure the beam to properly aim them rallylights.com has good info for how to aim the Hella lamps. It would be exactly the same to aim the OEM lamps.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”