help me!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3KEV21

help me!!!

Post by MX3KEV21 »

f**king car is pissing me off like took uit to garage to show them it was running crap and they dont know there arse fae there elbow like. a disconnected battery to reset ecu because of the pinking it ran brilliant for a few days then one morning started her up and it pinked again and the car has been running slower and hesitant below 4000rpm also a rich running smell so its obvious to me when it pinks it makes the car run rich just cant figure out why its pinking then clearing then pinking again. the mazda garage said the ecu woulnt communicate with the diagnostic computer. so far ive been told it could be the ecu, wiring harness, knock sensor and dizzy. why will it run rich once its pinked?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Like you posted it could be a mutitude of issues. The car is supposed to go into "limp" mode when it senses a serious problem. The "limp" mode retards the timing and gives the car a ton of gas so that the motor will not blow up. The limp mode and pinGing is usually caused from some sort of ignition problem; like not enough gas (poor injector, fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, bent fuel line, bad fuel pressure regulator), not enough air (bad MAF, messed up TPS). You need a good garage to take a look at it. There are too many issues to try and work each one out online. You'd be testing and reporting back and waiting for more instruction for months.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MX3KEV21

Post by MX3KEV21 »

looked on the engine at night time and some of the leads were flashing blue where they were touching the engine so i turned the engine off and insulated the leads so they didnt touch any part of the engine directly then i started the engine and it pinged on startup. so it coulde be the leads that are shafted or there loosing power while driving. that woold probably explain low rpm hesitation. but could faulty ht leads cause engine to ping. thanks for your help
xxxguineapigxxx

Post by xxxguineapigxxx »

it could be your spark plug wires arcing on the engine, or if your car is V6 and has about 125,000 miles or more the distributor could be causing some sputtering and hesitation at low RPM
92' MX3 GS 1.8L V6 :)
stock now...not for long
MX3KEV21

Post by MX3KEV21 »

aye the car has 121000 miles on the clock like. the dizzy is second hand the person who had the car before must have changed it but dont know what milage it was changed at. thanks anyway

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”