Muffler is Angled towards ground

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
superman_t11

Muffler is Angled towards ground

Post by superman_t11 »

I recently put a new muffler on my car and its angled towards the ground. Either the body kit won't let it go straight or something else. If someone else is having the same problem let me know.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I see lots and lots of mx3's that have this and it makes me mad haha. It may mean that your muffler is to long or the muffler shop didnt ben the pipe in a way it was straight, but man its all about the drift steeze:

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Take it back to the muffler shop, Tell them you want it striaghtened out. It has nothing to do with a body kit if the muffler was installed after the body parts...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
n2ogsze

Re: Muffler is Angled towards ground

Post by n2ogsze »

superman_t11 wrote:I recently put a new muffler on my car and its angled towards the ground. Either the body kit won't let it go straight or something else. If someone else is having the same problem let me know.
Use your brain. If you just had it put on, then it's obviously a problem unique to you and your car only. Take it back and have them straighten it out.
T61 powered KLZE
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

first question should be is it a oem replace ment or aftermarket. if its oem its possible that the tip was just bent down alot of older cars have the style tip. if its after market the next question is did the shop half as and clamp it. if they did you might just be able to get under there and fix it yourself. if they did it right and welded it then take it back and b---- till they do it right.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I had this same issue when i had my first "cannon" installed... they didn't bend my custom exhaust piping the way I preferred... The second time around I stood in the back while they did the work to make sure it was positioned how I wanted it! This is how it ended up - and yes I know the label was upside down on the tip - I have polished it out and I have since replaced the rear bumper so it doesn't have the "melted" outline of the old muffler...

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”