What the hell is wrong with people?

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Franko
Supporting Member

What the hell is wrong with people?

Post by Franko »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-1XVob2Xw

Twards the end it is absloutely retarded.. What in the hell is wrong with these people? I didnt think it was possible for people to be such rednecks.. I hope to god that all people from the states arent like that. These people are idiots.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

That's crazy. I enjoy watching those Top Gear guys car shows....... so, going by how nutty they can be at times, I know they like to push things to the limit, but I don't think they were exactly ready for what happened that day.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Top gear has to be my favourite show ever. Its just SO good in every way. It disgusts me that people can be so insane. People like that dont deserve to be alive. Just like people who are in the kkk... Why even exist? They are doing nobody any good.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
hharb

Post by hharb »

i guess everybody has the right to be alive, but we just gotta treat those rednecks like retards, ppl with minor or no intelligence at all, and try and not piss them off :D
bubsy83

rednecks

Post by bubsy83 »

It's too bad that this happens today. We have come a long way in learning acceptance however some people will never ever evolve and move on to more important things that seem to threaten our very lives.

I'll admit I am redneck, with a muscle car and lovin NASCAR and stuff but I could care less if someone was gay, or a woman running for president or doesn't like NASCAR or country music or whatever.

I mean look at the emissions these old redneck cars are doing to the environment, and yes I drive one, (for about 4-5 months a year), but nonetheless I drive one. These are the same group that lump our cars as rice rockets yet we are fuel efficient and more environmentally friendly.

It's so stupid to demonize people because of a label when what they do in the bedtroom is nobody's business.

Sorry , needed to rant about this crap it bothers me!! :x
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

That dosent make you a redneck if you like muscle cars. The way that those guys get on in that video makes them rednecks, and if Im wrong, then I need to come up with a new name for them because you are not crazy and stupid like them.

I guess everyone does deserve to be alive, but if they make other peoples lives terrible then they dont. All this racism and anti gay stuff is just mind blowing to me. It must have to do with the way that people are brought up I guess. In my eyes, everybody is the same. A person is a person regardless of their color or if they are gay.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Franko wrote:That dosent make you a redneck if you like muscle cars. The way that those guys get on in that video makes them rednecks, and if Im wrong, then I need to come up with a new name for them because you are not crazy and stupid like them.

I guess everyone does deserve to be alive, but if they make other peoples lives terrible then they dont. All this racism and anti gay stuff is just mind blowing to me. It must have to do with the way that people are brought up I guess. In my eyes, everybody is the same. A person is a person regardless of their color or if they are gay.
In defense of the Red Necks, if you went to a big Foot Ball area in the UK and wrote "<Insert Team Name Here> Sucks!" on your Car and drove around long enough, You'd be chased out of town by a band of hooligan foot ball fans.

I do agree with you though Franko, it is pretty insane the length they go to in Episode 3 of Season 9 and attack the Top Gear crew.

They joked around about it in the begging of Episode 4 though so i don't think it scared the Top Gear cast Jeremy/Richard/James that badly.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
e2blade

Post by e2blade »

I Dont usually ever watch peoples video

but this my people

is a extreme exception
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Im going to enjoy my .02 on this one b/c I'm going completely 180 of seemingly everyones opinion on the episode.

I guess that none of you have ever been to (for a decent period of time) the Southern US. Commonly known as the "Bible Belt". You must experience a bit of these peoples lives to understand where they are coming from. Honestly I think it is just as arrogant and ignorant to say that they reacted poorly. You see, most of Alabama is Very rural with small populations dominated by Entire families that have lived in the same town for generations. There is a very high poverty level and thus you will see many with little to live for and much to beg for. They have not traveled beyond what a dream could take them and know only what is tought in church. Local behavior is going to be the ruling force. Alabama is a big bible thumping state with a church on every corner. Mostly Southern Baptist, who believe that being gay is a sin and against God's rules and punishable by eternal damnnation. Flawnting to be a sinner, and obviosly a proud one at that is going to enflame them. They see more than most how the Japanese production hurts US jobs and economies. These are the places that usually offer good incentives for manufacturing plants to come and supply a large number of jobs to these lower class people. When Ford looses jobs b/c the cars are being outsold by the Japs then plants close and people go hungry. When Chevy tries to keep up with the Japs manufacturing costs by moving plants to Mexico then people loose jobs and go hungry. When Chrysler moves plants to Canada to get away from unions, you get the idea. So Top Gear used all good ol' American cars and trucks to paint up all sissy and flame southern interests.
In my opinion Top Gear are the a-- holes, and I've lost all my respect for them. To poke fun at such a destitute and desperate people is wrong and they deserved worse than rocks being thrown at thier cars. Chasing them off was much less than I would have done if I were in that position.
To put things into perspective take something that you love and believe in, let someone make terrible fun of it in the worst way, rub it in your face and lets see how long it takes for you to defend what you believe in. Wars are fought over such tings, literally. So if these Rednecks are so terrible then so are the Romans, Greeks, Catholics, Muslims etc, etc.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
e2blade

Post by e2blade »

PATDIESEL wrote:Im going to enjoy my .02 on this one b/c I'm going completely 180 of seemingly everyones opinion on the episode.

I guess that none of you have ever been to (for a decent period of time) the Southern US. Commonly known as the "Bible Belt". You must experience a bit of these peoples lives to understand where they are coming from. Honestly I think it is just as arrogant and ignorant to say that they reacted poorly. You see, most of Alabama is Very rural with small populations dominated by Entire families that have lived in the same town for generations. There is a very high poverty level and thus you will see many with little to live for and much to beg for. They have not traveled beyond what a dream could take them and know only what is tought in church. Local behavior is going to be the ruling force. Alabama is a big bible thumping state with a church on every corner. Mostly Southern Baptist, who believe that being gay is a sin and against God's rules and punishable by eternal damnnation. Flawnting to be a sinner, and obviosly a proud one at that is going to enflame them. They see more than most how the Japanese production hurts US jobs and economies. These are the places that usually offer good incentives for manufacturing plants to come and supply a large number of jobs to these lower class people. When Ford looses jobs b/c the cars are being outsold by the Japs then plants close and people go hungry. When Chevy tries to keep up with the Japs manufacturing costs by moving plants to Mexico then people loose jobs and go hungry. When Chrysler moves plants to Canada to get away from unions, you get the idea. So Top Gear used all good ol' American cars and trucks to paint up all sissy and flame southern interests.
In my opinion Top Gear are the a-- holes, and I've lost all my respect for them. To poke fun at such a destitute and desperate people is wrong and they deserved worse than rocks being thrown at thier cars. Chasing them off was much less than I would have done if I were in that position.
To put things into perspective take something that you love and believe in, let someone make terrible fun of it in the worst way, rub it in your face and lets see how long it takes for you to defend what you believe in. Wars are fought over such tings, literally. So if these Rednecks are so terrible then so are the Romans, Greeks, Catholics, Muslims etc, etc.
extremely well put

i live in idaho....

where small towns thrive...

and ive lived in alabama and texas...

and how he states about how little towns are and how people havnt explored anything besides their own town since theres much poverty, he has a very righteous point

people arnt much different from that video in little towns
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I think they would have been ok if they would have left out 'Nascar sucks' that seemed to peeve off the lady pretty good - and was a very well planned attack to piss off that kind of comunity :shock:

Worst part of this was, it was all just for TV and ratings..........
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
!vtec-this!

Post by !vtec-this! »

i thought it was kinda funny
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=77496445
My Car: Mazda MX-3 v6
14.5 @97mph
2.328 60ft....still more room for improvement
Only 165whp
Now boosted & New #'s to come
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

Seemed fake to me, like it was staged. Example:

"I'm gonna call the boys!"

30 seconds later...

Truck pulls up full of rednecks, as if they were just waiting by the phone expecting a "grab yer baseball bats and head down to the gas station" call.

IDK, just my thoughts.
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

video ahs been removed
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Ok, resurrecting an old thread here. Does anyone see the whole episode? You can actually spot a white MX-3 when Jeremy looks to buy a car! It's in the background and it's got the roof-spoiler thing.
'92 GS
My worklog

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”