Engine swap?

Off-Topic Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Engine swap?

Post by Franko »

I have a 93 mx-3 with a 1.6l soch engine in it... I was wondering about swapping it with something with more power.. should I try and get a dohc verson or can I upgrade the engine I have to a dohc or can I swap the engine out of a mazda 626 that is a 4 cyl... or a new proteje or someting.... I want to swap the engine or seriously improve the one that I allready have but money is kind of an issue.. I have allready looked into turbos and nos but it is all too damn expensive.. I just want to be able to be fair game against v6's and them ---damn civics!
can anyone suggest anything?

Heres a pic of my car.

(me four years ago)
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
Holee crap.. I cant believe I didnt know this..
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Its funny how we all progress eh. I was so scared to do a ZE swap with my first MX. I had a billion questions but now it is second nature after doing 2 swaps in one year. We were all n00bs at some time :P and I probably still am.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You can do a Protoge swap easily enough, but keeping up with Civics will be a trick. Most newer Civics are faster than the BP can handle. But a few mods and it should be a decent run IMO. The motors are cheap, wiring and ECUs easy enough and trans is a bolt up if I remember correcly.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

patdiesel youre silly, I was joking.. Thats an actual post I made four years ago.. What a noob i was.. haha.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Franko wrote:patdiesel youre silly, I was joking..
hehe thats funny how he didnt notice, at first I was like WTF did Franko get hacked :)
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

I was about to say- You have been here long enough you dolt! Search!n00b!

LOL

And then I read your post and remembered that you already have a sweet BPT swap.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

old shiz dude, old shiz
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “Off-Topic”