clueless

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
adam4rmatx

clueless

Post by adam4rmatx »

i just bought a 92 mx-3 <BR>i know nothing about it sohc or dohc? things like that the car is s--- full of miles and i wanna know if there is a way to see if it is the original engine or not i got the car from a guy that had no clue about the history which kinda sucks but i only payed $1250us for it. that may sound like a lot but i live in austin and the norm for that car is over 2000us but any way if anyone car help my out i hope to be someday at the a high enough level of knowlege on the car that i can have intelegent conversations on these cars that i love so much. thanks :(
"He called the s--- poop!"<BR> -Adam Sandler <BR> aka> the king turd of comedy
Swego

Re: clueless

Post by Swego »

A Mazda dealer should be able to tell you if the engine is the original one if you provide them the engine number and car serial number. 92-93 rs stock engines are soch, 94+ are doch.
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

Pardon me for asking this Swego, but isn't the SOHC basically the 4 cyl model and the DOHC the 6?
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

blikmik - I have a '94 RS and mine's a DOHC. Maybe on the earlier ones they only did the SOHC?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

blikmik, you are correct...in a way. like it was stated, the 92-93rs was sohc. the 94+ rs was dohc. all gs(v6) versions are dohc. by the way....wrong forum<BR> ;)<p>[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
adam4rmatx

Post by adam4rmatx »

thanks swego<BR>at least sopmeone gave me some info, lol<BR>also does any one know what to expect to pay for a new paint job in and around austin texas?<BR>just wondering i wanna keep it white but the paint is fading :) and i want some side mirrors that would be nice too. black would be good
"He called the s--- poop!"<BR> -Adam Sandler <BR> aka> the king turd of comedy

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”