Wide body kit or Fender flares question?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
pikkoro

Wide body kit or Fender flares question?

Post by pikkoro »

Has anybody done any wide fender flares installation on an MX-3?

I'm looking into doing that for my car, but I want to hear some experiences.

or how about a custom wide body kit?

thanx much, cheers.
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

im sure it can be done. Are you trying to run some crazy low offset wheels or something? Carbon fiber fender flares would be sexy i think
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

I thought about this too, no offence to those who have, but i cant stand overly agressive front bumpers and skirts on MX3's. However a Touring car style set of arch extensions would give some welcome width to the MX3,
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

and i completely thought about this one errrr eeeew meh!
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I have the molds to them however.. eh the mx3 alreayd looks wide. it would compromise the shape of mx3.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

wow a picture is truely worth a thousand words..

surely not my style.. as my teenage stepson would say "Meh!"
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

here is one not so wide

still not digging wide

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yep deffinetly not digging wide

and not really digging the flares

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Those are almost all Euro, who seem to have a need to really get wild with the show cars...
I think a good clean Touring kit would look nice. The thought has been floating around in my head for 10 years, but I've never thought to put anything on paper. (like Tommy D said)

Fender Flares done nicely
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
pikkoro

Post by pikkoro »

Wow! thats some crazy mx owners, the super wide is funky, too wide!! but there is something nice about the front, he is actually using the exact VSX front I've been thinking about.

I agree with PatDiesel, I think that if its done correctly I would look really good on the MX. I'm going to photoshop what I've been thinking about and see what you guys think.

Thanx for the pictures everyone, it really shows what things you can do and what things you should stay away from.
illapino

Post by illapino »

Mnemonic wrote:Image
What headlights are those?

this widebody looks awesome from the rear
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
hharb

Post by hharb »

illapino, that wide body looks like CRRRAAAPPP lol, but yeah the headlights look like the eclipse's to me. wide body kits and flares could make a car look great, but those ricers, i mean mxers lo (except the purple one)l, went way too far and did a horrible job, i mean hooorrrible. check out the beamer pic, or even some are done on audis and benzes, those look damn great, its really about how you do it, if you do it with style it will look great, if you're gonna mess it up spare yourself the money and humiliation :D
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

ImageImage

TO ANSWER THE QUESTION YES (OBVIOUSLY) PEOPLE HAVE DONE IT. I'M SURE GLAD I GET TO BUST OUT THE MX-3 PHOTO FOLDER EVERY KNOW AND THEN.
hharb

Post by hharb »

OMYGAD that s--- is awesome man, wow, some ppl have done crazy things to their mx-3s, some are ugly as hell, some are impressive and some are just great. i am saving all these pics man. awesome post.

Return to “Appearance”