annoying beeping won't stop

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
ruthless_mx3

annoying beeping won't stop

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

You know the buzzer that sounds when you turn the key to on, or forget your keys in, or forget your lights on. Well, the stupid thing won't ever shut off as long as the key is in the on position. Out of nowhere it just started and now I have to listen to it while I'm driving. I'm going crazy!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I know this is also posted in electrical and lighting so if one of them needs to be deleted I understand and appologize in advance. I'm just desperate to get it stopped quick and need it to be seen by as many people as possible. :wink:

Thanks
93 MX3 GS SE KLZE -- RIP May 1, 2011
14.007 @ 98.46 1.991 60ft -- the only time she made it to the 1/4 :(

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

this is seatbelt warning beeper. Had this happen to my SE, then all of a sudden it went away. You have to rewire something under your ebrake cover/console. Search around it was posted before.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

remove your arm rest, disconnect the plug you see, right by the e brake (the large one) then you loop the system to where it always see's your seatbelt being connected. the constant beeping is from the sensor going bad. There used to be a how too but i think it got archived cause it was so old.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Moved to Electrical.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Image -Jim
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

Ok I've already done the under the seat seatbelt module beeping thing. Out of nowhere beep beep beep, Lean forward and seatbelt warning stops. Took care of that. The plug by the e-brake I have not tryed.

Tryed the key warning switch with no luck. Like talked about here a few replies down: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... g&&start=0

There is no sequence of 5 or 10 beeps, it is constant. I don't have airbags either.

If I unplug the bottom plug on the fusebox it stops, but so does the auto seatbelts. Car still starts and runs fine, but no seatbelts.

This is very wierd and annoying

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

:?: :shock: :?:

Well, I had left the bottom plug on the fuse box unplugged for a while and when I came back I plugged it back in and mysteriously the beeping has stopped. Its wierd cuz the plug had been unplugged and plugged back in a few times with no change but now this time it stops.

:shrug:

mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

thats what happened to mine
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Lookwuticando

Post by Lookwuticando »

Quirky electronics in those beeper units. Mine killed defrost but still worked on the other stuff. The best fix I've found is take the box out, pop the cover, find the beeper and take it out altogether
92 MX-3 RS

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”