colours car

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
WhiteFinish

colours car

Post by WhiteFinish »

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a body kit for my mx3.

I just don't know yet what to do with the colour. 6 months ago I purchased some rims i REALLY like..

The car is brilliant black at the moment and the rims go very good with the car.

I also heard that the black colour a good start is for some other more exclusive colours.

Could someone give me some examples of nice colours ??

these are some pictures of my ride

the rims
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

From your meet pictures, I've always liked the way your rims look on the car. As far as colors go, are you going to rid of the black altogether or add another color or two? I'm partial to the mid-to-dark greens. Perhaps having a two-tone black/green, black/sunburst orange or black/deep red. But use a metallic paint. If I had photo shop I would show you an example.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

I like the idea...

But it's very risky to take a two tone.. Or it works and it looks great, or it is a complete disaster.

Maybe somebody could make a photoshop for me ?
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Aside from that '2 fast' sticker, that laughable hood scoop, and that retarded double spoiler I don't think you should change anything.
hharb

Post by hharb »

mr1in6billion said it all, your car looks amazing aside from the stickers, the scoop and the double spoiler, my advice do not change the colour, it looks great as is :D
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

I agree.

If you like the spoiler and scoop though, keep them. But PLEASE for the sake of all the other mx3ers out there take off that 2 fast 2 furious sticker. :p
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

I agree.
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

The scope is allready removed..

The double spoiler is something I like, it isn't a spoiler that is on every single mx3.

All the stickers that are on the car will be removed when painted so that isn't a problem.

I was also thinking about a metallic black.
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

Bling Bling, remember your post about rice? Here you go! Prime example...
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares
cruiser25

Post by cruiser25 »

You don't see that double spoiler on other mx3's cause it looks ridiculous. But however it is a personal taste and it seems to be just one of those things were you either love it or hate. I agree with everyone else though, just a one tone paint job would look nice and probably just keeping it black (minus the sticker) and it`ll still be one proud ride to drive. And yes 2 tones are always a hit or miss type of thing, so yeah i would photoshop it first and see what you like. I'm actually getting a friend to photoshop some pictures for me for ideas.
1994 MX3 GS 5 Speed Black
2 10' MTX Subs, Pioneer deck, 2 6' Clarions in front & 2 6' Pioneer's in back, .5 Fahrad Capacitor
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Not a big fan of the double spoiler myself...although having a spoiler on a front wheel car is useless anyways :oops:

Try a photoshop, lose the stickers, and lets have a look.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

I don't see why everyone judges my spoiler..

I didn't ask for that comment.. This is my choice and I think you have to respect that.

Just asked something about the colours, so if we can keep it down to that it would be great.

Hopefully someone can make a nice photoshop for me and I can compare some different colours.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

You obviously want to make your car look better, hence the reason for a res-spray.

Think what people are tryin to tell you that the car doesnt need a re-spray as it looks at its best in black! And I agree. I think you should keep the car black, remove the stickers, sort out the spoiler, hood scoop and lower it...

The car doesnt need a re-spray. Sometimes less is more....
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I think the car looks nice. I wouldn't carry that spoiler, but to each his own. Black is my second favorite color MX-3. White being the first. Maybe think about a pearl instead of a total respray. Pearl is hard to apply, but easy to take off if you get tired of it. I think a rasberry or purple would look nice. Dark blue pearls look good on a black car too.
However, the funniest thing in this post is RoadKillas comment "Sometimes less is more". Coming from a highly modded MX-3 show car. :lol: You know I love your MX Rsroadkilla, but that seems about the opposite of what you practice.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

I don't fully understand the pearls...

Could someone give me an example of these paints ??

The car would need a respray as there are many marks completly over the car due to driving it for many years.
@rsroadkilla... It is lowerd ;)

Return to “Appearance”