totaled my Camaro..need new car HELP!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
NeedNewCar

totaled my Camaro..need new car HELP!

Post by NeedNewCar »

Hey guys. im new here. some lady in a minivan ran a late yellow and i ran a fresh green and totaled my camaro :)
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: totaled my Camaro..need new car HELP!

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

yeah, just go looking....
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
CoSpringsMx-3

Post by CoSpringsMx-3 »

WHat year is ur camaro? u still have it?
NeedNewCar

Post by NeedNewCar »

94, its at the towing lot. only the front is faked up. everything inside and from beginning of doors back is in tact. i guess its still technically ours
92RedGS

Post by 92RedGS »

why not get a v6GS mine only cost me $2500 and that was from a dealership. They are a little harder to find than the rs's but to me they look alot better with the front/back spoilers.
92RedGS :)<BR>I'm Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in. Say aren't you the guy from the Village People?
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

I bought my 92 GS about a year and a half ago with a spotless interior and almost perfect exterior (spoiler faded and front bumper patched incorrectly) and only one ding in the driver's side quarter panel. Mileage was 121,000 and I paid $3700 for it after taxes and everything. Now it's got almost 135,000 on it and still running like a champ. The GS model is definately recommended over the RS.<P>RS: 1.6L I4, 88hp, 14" rims<BR>GS: 1.8L V6 130hp, 15" rims, front lip, rear spoiler<P>There's probably something I'm forgetting but that covers the bases.
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
CoSpringsMx-3

Post by CoSpringsMx-3 »

Any way u can pull the lights from the camaro? If i rmember correctly dont the tailights on camaros almost look exactly like mx-3's. If so then we could use camaro lights covers and stuff like that. If you can im just asking if you will compare for me? Thanxs
NeedNewCar

Post by NeedNewCar »

sure i can compare but i think the insurance wants the car to part it out :( i can ask if u want.. theres a pic i have of the car but u cant see reverse lights :( when i get the crash photos i KNOW theres one of the rear end and ill post it up on here<P>one last question. i was talking to my dad about getting an MX3 wiht the insurance money and he had no problem with it but he said there real small its there not that much fun to drive because of there size. he said its not like the camaro where its real long and driver has a lot of room. is that tru? thanks
axess

Post by axess »

The MX-3 and Camaro are probably really different cars to drive. I think of a Camaro more as a muscle car, and the MX-3 as a compact sports car. As for being fun to drive, I think the MX-3 is fun to drive, but probably not the same feeling you had in the Camaro. And for driver room, I'm not a really tall guy, I'm only 5'9", but I think a 6' person or so would be comfortable. Don't expect people in the back to be comfortable unless they are smaller then 5'4".<P>Oh ya, and if you get an MX-3, try to get a GS, GS is a V6 with 135HP I beleive. The RS is a 4cyl. and it's only got 88HP for SHOC and 105HP for DHOC. So comming from Camaro, you'll probably find the RS slow....<P>Hope this helps!
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
Raivynn

Post by Raivynn »

Don't expect to be comfortable in the back seat of an MX-3 if you're over 4'11" tall. >_< I'm 5', and I can't fit into the back seat comfortably! MX's might as well be 2 seaters...........<P>Camaro taillights on an MX??? I THINK NOT. I think they'd be WAY too long to fit, and it'd just look really dumb. IMHO, anyways.<P>Raiv.
cmx3d

Post by cmx3d »

hey were are u at in md? i'm in waldorf, and paid 4,000 for an awesome conditioned 93 v-6 mx-3 with 108,000 miles on it. it was by the side of the road. best bet is to look there for one.hard to find at dealerships.<P>*by the way this has nothing to do with anything but, earlier i beat a brand new toyota celica gt with my stock mx-3!!! kicks a** dont it?*

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”