Needs some advise about bass guitar amps or combo's

Off-Topic Discussions
Typhoonk

Needs some advise about bass guitar amps or combo's

Post by Typhoonk »

I got a bass guitar - just so I could play something. I like plucking away at the thing, but I would definetly like some sound to come out

Hense the amplifier. As it sounds I have no clue what I am looking for.

Just looking for a small portable practise amp.

What should I look for?

Also If anybody has some tabs, or songs that are fun to play let me know. I was on a couple of tab sites - but I hear that most of the tabs are 'incorrectly labeled'. Don't want to download a metallica tab then find out it's a celine dionne song..... :shock:
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
bubsy83

Bass Amp's

Post by bubsy83 »

I would check with your local musical instrument shop as they could offer advice on which amp to use. There are amps specifically made for the use of Bass guitars. I am not a bass player but a drummer, but I have jammed on occasion and my friend the bass player was tight for cash and rented a bass amp until he could afford to buy it out. This way he could pick the amp he liked the best for sound and any options that it possessed that he was looking for.

As far as transcriptions for bass, magazines specifically for bass players are the best route as the internet transcriptions do run the risk of being inaccurate and limited. Too many guitar players out there that bassists and drummers kinda have to figure it out on their own, which isn't a bad thing, 'cause you can learn a lot just taking the time to play around and try new things. I guess it is easier for me to learn by ear, but bassists can as well.

Good luck and don't give up, it is a fun hobby that can quickly turn into a passion. :D

Return to “Off-Topic”