What is that CLICKING noise when ACC ON?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

What is that CLICKING noise when ACC ON?

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok everyone.. go and turn your car on ACC on... can you hear that clicking noise? WHAT relay is it? is it supposed to do that??? All the mx3s (v6) ive seen do the same EXCEPT one that doesnt start.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

i believe it is a relay for the fuelpump...
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

but that relay is near the ecu and this click is on the engine bay. I pulled some relays out to find it and no i still hear click click.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

It's probably your AC clutch engaging.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

No ac in the car, i give up LOL my friends car doesnt want to start and theres no click in his car but im not sure if there ever was.
-hec

tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I believe the relay you're referring to by the ECU is known as the "Circuit Opening Relay," which does work in conjunction with the Fuel Pump relay, but that is under the hood still on the driver side fender wall. Anybody agree, disagree? It's been awhile since I've looked at the fuel/electrical system on my car so I might be a bit rusty.
Cody
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Correct. The fuel pump relay is attached to the side of the ECU. It clicks when your in ACC mode
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

excuse me I heard one or some relays could be behind the first relays box under the hood. Could that be the click you heard besides the fuel injector one?...
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I removed the BLACK relay on the fuse box and turn acc on and yes it still clicks.. thge fuel relay does not click. I guess the world will never know. The car runs fine and its always done that. We found my friends coil to be bad. Thanks tho for the interesting input.
-hec

omar

Post by omar »

Two of my mazdas has the AC clicking problem. It will click only when the RPM is below 1K. Other than the embarrassing noise, everything was ok.
The one on the MX3 was solved after putting in something called "NASA compressor oil" into the AC system. Tried the same thing on my Xedos 6, but the AC still clicking. Even changing the electromagnetic coil doesn't solve the problem, so finally change the AC compressor unit, and no more clicking. Was told by AC expert that the compressor (Panasonic?) uses rotary concept (like the rotary engine), and the apex seal gone bad, which cause the clicking.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Oh yeah haha when I ahd ac it would click, that however is a diff thing .
-hec

omar

Post by omar »

Oops sorry, I mistaken the ACC for AC... :oops:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”