powerloss

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3KEV21

powerloss

Post by MX3KEV21 »

hey great website. i have a problem with my mx3 v6 it will accelerate fine in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear but when it is at 100mph the engine will hardly pull at all only managed to get 112mph out of her and the engine seriously struggled at that. I have replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, changed the oil. the only thing is that the car was left for 1 year not running at all but had the timing belt done a c1000miles ago. any help would be great
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

That is a funny issue. I wonder if you are having a trans issue in the higher gears or perhaps a loss of ignition power. How does the trans feal in 4th and 5th when driving normally? If that seems ok the only other thing I could think of would be to have the distributor checked. Have you replaced the distributor cap and rotor button lately?
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

any codes? That happened to me when I had o2 sensor codes.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MX3KEV21

Post by MX3KEV21 »

had the ecu checked and there were no codes. the car feels fine when driving in fourth or fifth gear. power only goes when i hit 100mph. what trans problem did you have?
MX3KEV21

Post by MX3KEV21 »

could the problem be fuelling related? i dont see how cause the car pulls fine in the first 3 gears at high rpm. just at high rpm in 4th and fifth the car doesnt pull quick at all. it almost feels like the car is dragging but the brakes are ok. could faulty ignition leads and distributor cap cause this problem?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”