Fuel Economy

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Selecta

Fuel Economy

Post by Selecta »

Hello Everyone,

I recently replaced my fuel pump with a 255 and noticed a massive drop in fuel mileage...I went from about 10km/l to 7km/l

Now to my knowledge changing the pump alone should not contribute to the drop in economy right? My O2s are in bad shape but I was getting 10km/l with the same one before the fuel pump change....any recommendations?

Thanks
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Uday, did you retain your FPR Solenoid when doing the ZE swap? If so, the new FP shouldn't be creating your mileage loss. Perhaps your FPR can't quite compete with the pressure from your new FP.....just a guess. Perhaps grabbing a second FPR from the junkyard (before they get covered in snow) might be worth a shot. Can't hurt and should be only a nickle and dime cost thing anyway.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

FPR = Fuel Pressure Regulator? Well if that is what you are talking about then no I did not get a new one when I did the swap.

But I will look into getting another just to see if there was a difference.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Selecta wrote:FPR = Fuel Pressure Regulator? Well if that is what you are talking about then no I did not get a new one when I did the swap.
But I will look into getting another just to see if there was a difference.
Uday, Uday, Uday
Read what I said again. When the ZE swap was done, did you retain the Fuel Pressure Regulator Solenoid, not buy a new one. Some people ditch them during the ZE swap process or more than likely they ditch them when they do a CAI conversion. It's the Solenoid that's attached to the side of the airbox, has a wire connector and 2 vaccum lines going to it. One of those vaccum lines goes to the FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator).
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”