B6T Swap

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Campbell*

B6T Swap

Post by Campbell* »

First time posting on this site and I would just like to say Hello, Iv looked around a bit on the site and looks very helpful and was wondering if you guy would mind helping me with a motor swap Im starting.

Iv got a 92 mazda MX-3 with the 1.6 SOHC motor. Theirs a guy I know whose selling a 88 323 GT 2WD sedan with a B6T that hes parting out. Hes selling everything that I think I need to do the swap such as...
-1.6 DOHC Turbo
-ECU
-Wiring Harness
-tranny
-axels

Im wondering what else Im going to need to put this in the MX-3 before I go and take s--- apart. I want to have thi motor in and going in a weekend so I want to have all the parts ready so I dont have to wait on them. Any help would be great.
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

look in the FAQ section there is a write up on the b6t swap. You will need to modify your hood for clearance. You know you are putting an 18 year old engine in your car? I hope you rebuild it first... GL
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares
Campbell*

Post by Campbell* »

Yea I did a little more searching and I seen the B6T swap info in the FAQ, so sorry for making this thread guys. As I hear this guy has put alot of money in this motor Im going to take his word for it as IV bought parts from him before and hes always tells it like it is.
Campbell*

Post by Campbell* »

Hey, Im wondering if anyone has some pics of their Precidia that has a B6T in it. I was reading about the swap and I see you need to make a hood scoop and Im not a fan of hood scoops to begin with and on a Precidia I dont think it would look good at all but I could be wrong and would like to see some pics of some Precidas with B6T with hood modification to make the hood fit and some pics of some with scoops
Boris

Post by Boris »

err i don't think you needa make a hoodscoop... unless you want a top mounted intercooler? Just put a front mounted intercooler on.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
Campbell*

Post by Campbell* »

Oh thanks good, I didn't know why you needed the hood scoop before, I was going to run a FMIC anyways, well now I know

thanks
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

good luck! Boost the crap out of it when its swapped :twisted:
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

you will still need a hood scoop since the intake comes over top of the valve cover gasket. the throttle body will hit the hood.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Campbell*

Post by Campbell* »

Well Im not looking forward to putting a hood scoop on my car so I did a search of some MX-3's with the B6T swap and I seen a few that just use a b6ze intake manifold. How well do they work?, is their anything I have to change to put in on?
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

why cant you do your own IC pluming and use a dohc NA 1.6 intake manifold.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

you will have to plug the 2 front oil galerries of the head and well its kind of a pita to get them plugged since they are only half showing and it might cause a sealing problem with the head gasket. i tried it kinda got it to seal then the motor blew. :(
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Its not very hard swapping on the De head.

All I did was drill out the auxillary drain ports to 1/2 and hammer in a freeze plug.
It held up all summer of me beating the ever living s--- out of it.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

talk to jarid did the bottom end of a b6t & the top of a b6
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Campbell*

Post by Campbell* »

Ok, got the motor and a bunch of extra parts like spare intake and turbo manifolds, stock intercooler etc. I'v got almost everything I need to put in in the MX-3 other then a few small things. This B6T is out of a 89 323 GT sedan and is in great shape.

Im wondering what kind of power I can put down with this car and the set up Im using. Im looking anywheres from 160 to 200whp. If I made 160 to the wheels Id be very happy.

My set up consists of:
B6T out of a 89 323 GT
Stock turbo (unsure what it is)
DSM BOV
Stock 323 Down pipe with 2.5" exhaust all the way back
2.5" intercooler piping
24 x 8 x 3 FMIC
stock injectors
B6T ecu

What kin of power could I be putting down with this set up and how much boost should I run, this will alos be a daily driver so no pushing it to the limits haha
If I have to upgrade the injectors what so I run?
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

any updates?
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”