Turbo Mani

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
JDMazda

Turbo Mani

Post by JDMazda »

Hey guys, new to this site, but I have been watching the threads for a couple months now. I just have one question, and before anyone tells me to use the search function it should be noted that I have looked for this answer for a while with no sucess. Well anyhow I have a 95 1.6L DOHC and I was wondering what year of the GTX323 manifold would work for my car. Also does it come with the bung welded in the manifold already? Thanks guys :D
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Turbo Mani

Post by cjthor »

JDMazda wrote:Hey guys, new to this site, but I have been watching the threads for a couple months now. I just have one question, and before anyone tells me to use the search function it should be noted that I have looked for this answer for a while with no sucess. Well anyhow I have a 95 1.6L DOHC and I was wondering what year of the GTX323 manifold would work for my car. Also does it come with the bung welded in the manifold already? Thanks guys :D
pretty sure any 323gtx 1.6 manifold will fit your car. yes they have 02 bungs welded in them.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
GoneAmok
Supporting Member

Post by GoneAmok »

Welcome to the board JDMazda.

For my B6DE, I went with an 1988/1989 323 GTX turbo manifold. Got it new at Mazda for a really good price (I know one of the guys who works there - plus, the manfolds that I found at local junkyards looked very very 'tired'). As cjthor noted, it comes with the bung.

I'm assuming/guessing that you are going to be running a VJ-14 or VJ-11...
JDMazda

Post by JDMazda »

yeah I plan on running the same turbo the 323 comes with. Also Im curious if it has a bung for the little brass colored tube that that goes into the right hand side of the exhaust manifold. I believe its like the egr pipe or something. I circled it in red. If not what do you do, just plug it?

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Seems like an EGR pipe?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

That does appear to be an EGR tube. The B6T manifolds that I've seen do not have an EGR connection. The B6T manifolds do have a bung for an O2 sensor and are notorious for craking there after years of hard running.

You have a couple of options here...

-Use a B6T manifold and disconnect the EGR plumbing. Make a cover plate for the EGR port on the intake manifold. LEAVE the EGR sensor plugged in so the ECU won't throw a code and go into limp mode.

-Use a B6T manifold and reroute the EGR tube to the down pipe so it is still functional.

-PM me if your interested in a custom manifold which can do either of the above, be flanged to accept what ever turbo you want to run, and won't crack! Our cheapest manifold starts out at $320USD.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

JW, I might be interested in a mani from you actually :D
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

I got my manifold from Jw.
For the price/quality you cant beat it. 8)
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current

Return to “Forced Induction”