Coolant leak

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Coolant leak

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Does anyone know the name of the black plastic module that the radiator cap and overflow reservoir connect to? It seems to be leaking...
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Is it leaking from the joint in the middle? You can use some gasket maker or caulk to fix the seal. I don't think you can buy that part from Mazda anymore... Mine was leaking a few days ago and probably has been leaking for some time. I was smelling the coolant, but it was so little that I couldn't find where it was coming from. Anyway, an easy fix.
(my X-Mas present to you ;) )
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Yes, it's the joint in the middle. Thanks for the tip :)
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

The black plastic part under the cap is stocked as a complete assembly according to the Mazda parts catalogue. It's called "Tank, Air Separation" and the MX-3 P/N is K805-15-352A. In addition to a standard plastic replacement Mazda also makes (at ~2x the cost of plastic) an improved full metal replacement. Trussville Mazda had the stock plastic replacement available year before last, not sure about the metal one. Can't remember the cost but Trussville has about the best (for a dealer) pricing for Mazda parts online or otherwise.... Link below.

http://www.trussvillemazda.com/PartsSto ... cfm/search.
Image -Jim
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

I cleaned my up real good and used plastic epoxy on it. I just put it on all around the joint. Did it last spring, hasn't leaked yet, even when the car overheated because of a stuck thermostat 3 weeks ago.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”