Rear brake pads jamming...

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Brainless

Rear brake pads jamming...

Post by Brainless »

Hey
Im trying to remove de read brake pads. On one side of the car, it worked perfectly but on the other side, 1 of the pad is jammed. While i was looking at it, i realised there was some metal pins holding the pad in place (which were missing on the other side) and i can find out how to unclip the pad. I've went thru the Shop manual and I cant seem to find what I'm looking for.
Anyone got the same problem as me?

The car is a MX3 GS V6 1995 (Rear disc brakes)

Thanks
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

did you release hand brake? got any pics where its stuck at
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

i dont have any pics but yet the hand brake is released. The caliper is slidded away from the rotor, but i just cant remove the pad from there... The pad on the front of the rotor went off easly though..
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

"Tap" the brake pad with a hammer. It is just rusted on or pressed in from heat and pressure.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”