For Those Living In Virginia, USA...New Unmarked Cops

Off-Topic Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

For Those Living In Virginia, USA...New Unmarked Cops

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Watch out for the cops, just got a few Dodge Chargers to equip for the Virginia Highway Patrol. One got the last revision prototype install and we're expected to start on them maybe next week. So far they look like they'll be unmarked, one's silver, ones dark blue, so keeps your eyes open ;)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

I heard a few years ago they were going to put cop chargers on the street. Kinda cool yet kinda intimadating at the same time. I haven't seen any yet, but there are a lot of camero cops on some of the highways here. Those always make me nervous.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Yah, in Virginia I've seen frequent Camaros and Mustangs as unmarked state trooper vehicles. And now Chargers?! :froggie_red: :rant2:
Image -Jim
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

In memphis, you name it, we have it unmarked, we have the camaros, mustangs that look like tuner cars or stock. We even have decked out suburbans/expeditions on HUGE rims that were taken from drug busts converted to unmarked cars.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

There is Chargers everyhwere in Ontario..i'm sure Mike has seen them by now! there even unmarked too
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Yeppers, I'm even was surprised when I came home a few week ago to find Port Colborne with one.

Obviously I know Virignia doesn't have any yet, so I'd figure I'd give the heads up, they're pretty sneeky with their unmarked down here.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Neil

Post by Neil »

We've got a few charger cop cars here as well. Funny seeing the police cruising around in 50 zones doing 70. wish they got a ticket for speeding without the need too.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

in durham (Pickering) cops have a stock like champagne colored newer regal like an 06? it sneeks up on u too it has the lights attached to the sun visors they flip it down and turns the lights on so unfair
Always under construction
e2blade

Post by e2blade »

psh

the best we have here in hickville is

our non modded intrepid :)
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Here in Queens, NYC and even the rest of NYC we got whatever undercover car you can think of. Hooked up Camaros, Chargers all over the place, Impalas, minivans, taxi cabs, Impalas, I've seen Preludes and Civics with body kits, exhausts and all that, 5.0 Mustangs. You name it we got it. But you can expect that when you got literally 20,000 cops around.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Last year in MD along I95, state cops put up a cutout lifesize photo of a marked cruiser on the shoulder. Similar to those celebrity lifesize photo cutouts tourists pose with on the street to get their pictures taken. Looked real - enough that traffic jammed down 20mph coming into view of it around a bend. Looked bizarre when ya passed the thing and saw it was only 1/2" thick lol
Image -Jim

Return to “Off-Topic”