Blew my ZE from engineworldusa.com

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wagZE

Blew my ZE from engineworldusa.com

Post by wagZE »

So I got about 1,000 miles out of the klze I got from engineworldusa.com . I swapped the motor drove it easy for 500 miles changed the oil to penzoil synthetic 4.2 qts then proceeded to drive from seattle to san diego & I made it to southern oregon when I lost compression in my #6 piston. The mechanic in Oregon said I had only about 2.5 qts of oil in my motor. I was driving 90-120 mph, guess it couldn't handle it, I never came within 1k of redline either :?
So anyways my mx-3 is stuck in oregon now I donno what to do with it. Probly gonna part it out.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

that sucks, hopefully you can fix it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hharb

Post by hharb »

man, that's a bummer, isnt there any sort of warranty on the engine? well now i know not to buy from engineworldusa. goodluck man
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Normally a warranty for a used JDM engine is that it will start and run that is pretty much standard for all JDM engine importers there are a few that will offer a 30 day warranty but most have discontinued this policy. You are talking about a grey market import. Where you buy the engine from this company or another the engines and warranty at pretty much the same.

Sound like the usual KL-ZE problem. One of the valve spring retainers has split and the valve has dropped allowing oil to pass the stem seal.

When one goes chances are that another will go as well. If you are planning to repair the engine Street Imports is now selling complete gasket kits for the KL at a reasonable price.

http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=914

One of the owner of the company is an ex-MX-3 guy at one time having 3 full operational MX-3 and a MX-6 in the driveway at the same time
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Yeah, I'd check the valves first. They aren't that hard to replace yourself, but you'll need a few tools to do it more easily (cheap tools though). The seal kits are pretty freekin complete and would have more than what you need for just a head job. Drain the oil too and check for metal by swishing a magnet around in it. If you find a decent amount of metal trash the motor.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

engineworldusa gives warranty on their engines EVEN if its JDM. Just dont tell them you didnt use egr. I read it on their site and they have around 6 months warranty. Also when U get a used engine you HAVE to check well at least I do.. i check oil EVERY morning. The seals are sometimes bad and you gotta be carefull with those. Even tho my car does not burn oil I made it a habbit of checking everyday. I cought myself running half last week after an oil change. Topped it off. Tomorrow morning before i leave ill recheck.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I know it would be a pain to take the engine back to Engineworldusa, but they might give you another one, if it doesn't look like you installed it wrong.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

They have a 6 month warranty but they put heat tabs on the motor that void the warranty. One of mine melted when I installed it and ran it for a few minutes with no radiator. I just can't afford to get it towed back home. I'ts got a dent + a cracked windshield I'm just gonna scrap it I guess I'll get all my crap out of it on the way back home.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

aw im so sorry to hear that, it still doesnt hurt to give them a call :(
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Just curious.. how much would you want for the car and where exactly is it located in oregon?

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Just a note, I'm pretty sure I remember streetimports having those gasket kits on eBay for half the price.

Edit: Alright, not half the price but they are cheaper.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”