Bodykits/Lowering Issues

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Bling Bling

Bodykits/Lowering Issues

Post by Bling Bling »

If you check out my car, the drift front is quite low with a stock suspension. I would like to know if anyone has a bodykit that would/wouldn't consider lowering their car, or has already and had good/bad things with it. The Eibach lower the least but the H&R's are stiffer, which helps in the bumpy situations. Any help, advice, etc would be great.

PS--- I live in Canada where the curbs, roads, etc are not always car friendly :roll:
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I dont have my car lowered, already cracked the front bumper many times. I CANT imagine dropping my car PLUS having a body kit. My town has huge speed bumps and ugly terrain.. so yeah. No lowering for me. Everyone who has a lowered car now has a messed up suspension.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Lowering a fiberglass bumper is a bad idea. I went through 3 FX Designs bumpers before I gave it up. My car wasn't lowered until the third bumper and I thought I could drive it "carefully" and keep it in one piece.. wrong. It makes it all the harder to keep from cracking it. Also, the stiffer the spring the more harsh the ride so if you want to aviod needing an asprin every time to drive you should get a softer spring.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hharb

Post by hharb »

I agree, you either lower your car OR have a bodykit the two don't go together, ive seen a non lowered MX3 with a bodykit and bumper was half dead and the owner was complaining about his bumpers hitting the ground every so often, so unless you drive on very smooth roads, no bumps and stuff, u wouldnt want to lower it, don't even think about it if you drive your car in the winter.
Last edited by hharb on November 26th, 2006, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Just be glad you are in Alberta. Road underconstruction are in better shape that freshly paved road out in Eastern Canada. I saw a Greyhound bus bust a wheel in a pot hole on a major highway heading for Quebec City the other day.

I had pretty good luck with the car being lowered and a fiberglass bumper. I only broke it once hitting a box of crystal wine glasses that fell out of a moving van in front of me. I have put a few dents into the bottom side of the side skirts going over speed bumps at least they can be hammer out and re sprayed with out to much trouble.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”