Civic Si 197 hp

Off-Topic Discussions
Red Egg

Civic Si 197 hp

Post by Red Egg »

end
Last edited by Red Egg on December 18th, 2006, 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

LOL yeah not that much of a fan on honda.. was looking into their engines... only the s2000 is the one that has around 226 hp (at the fly) .. so yeh.. :/
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Red Egg

Post by Red Egg »

end
Last edited by Red Egg on December 18th, 2006, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Not funny at all guys. that 197hp Si will kick the crap out of any klze mx3
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Don't knock Honda's, they make great beater cars.
Red Egg

Post by Red Egg »

end
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

hgallegos915 wrote:LOL yeah not that much of a fan on honda.. was looking into their engines... only the s2000 is the one that has around 226 hp (at the fly) .. so yeh.. :/
having driven a S2000 and raced 2 i can say this, its as fast as my MX-3, handles better is just a really well built car and its STOCK, do a few mods and it will beat the hell out of 99% of MX-3s. no need to hate fellas
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Red Egg

Post by Red Egg »

end
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

honda makes a good quality car :idea:

i just wouldnt buy one cus it aint my thing.... ltos of their engines are low on torque, and im not really in love with any of the exterior designs of their cars

but honda elements are nicely designed.... :shock:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Hondas are pieces of crap.
Sure, lets all compare a 14-11yearold car that barely sold, to a late model 2000 popular car!

The truth is, Hondas are crap.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Boris

Post by Boris »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Hondas are pieces of crap.
Yeah you're right. They're reliable, easy to upgrade, cheap... hmm oh wait those are all good things to look for in a car. I agree that there are a lot of stupid looking hondas out there, with pretty ridiculous people behind the wheel, but as a car the only really crappy thing about them is that theres just too many of them around.

IMO hondas are great for guys who don't have a lot of cash, but still want a fun project/race car. Great starter cars, too.

There's a lot of really cool hondas out there. A lot of lame ones too, but that's like any car. Hell an mx3 in the wrong hands has the potential to be just as bad as all those hondas that everyone's bashing.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Red Egg wrote:I am slowly beginning to understand this sad Mazda MX3 inferiority complex. If any other car has a bigger engine, more horsepower, and is faster in 0-60 mph on the track, then MX3 owners should bow and genuflect to every Honda Civic, Chevy Corvette, Chevrolet IROC Camaro, or Pontiac Trans Am owner. Pretty sad and pathetic! :cry:

There is more to a car than mere horsepower; Corvettes have a 6.0L, V8, 400 hp engine; but the MX3 is better is in other, subtler ways. The MX3 is a great car and its HP should not be compared to brand-new Hondas Si's, Porsches, or Ferraris. In my humble opinion, MX3 rules!
8)
No complex, its called RESPECT, something that the car scene is lacking anymore. Also something both of the S2K drivers gave me when they couldnt pull me. :lol: I have come to a point that i can respect and even get into all tuner cars anymore. If i wanted to own a [H] i would by now have sold the MX the first time i had an issue moding it. I keep it because i LOVE it. But the taking the "we are better than you" approach is just not needed. I have got that from more [H] owners than anyone else. I would prefer not to look like the rest of the 16 yo [H] crowd with their civic on 20s dropped fo sho! I do agree though that the MX-3 has its own areas where it excels. Still looks modern for a 13+ year old car. IS a blast to drive, especially with a ZE. A few [H] guys i know that have driven mine love it. They love the sound, they love the way the power comes on and they love the way it handles. The MX-3 is the type of car that few own but everyone that does enjoys them.
Hondas are pieces of crap.
Sure, lets all compare a 14-11yearold car that barely sold, to a late model 2000 popular car!

The truth is, Hondas are crap.
But thats EXACTLY what this thread is doing is it not? If we wanna stay in that age bracket i can call up a little CRX i know that will stomp you OR me and its still running an all motor D series.

Maybe my views on it are not shared and im not jumping anyones case. I just dont get why there needs to be such bashing. Im sure that awful things have been said about the MX-3. Might also be the lack of sleep making me ramble this morning too, who knows. Point is, treat others as you would want to be treated.
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
Red Egg

Post by Red Egg »

end
Last edited by Red Egg on December 18th, 2006, 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I hate to see someone bash any other car. With the right driver just about any car could beat a MX in any kind of competition. Case in point, I just got back from a race last weekend and was stomped by Miatas that were running in pretty much stock trim, blew some S2ks away and was blown away by several more, got beaten by a less modded MX-3 ZE and was faster in some spots than a 300WHP MX-3, beat a Radical race car (super fast purpose built track car) and was faster on some laps than a modded WRX, there was a 2L Civic that was a good bit faster then me too, but I passed some Porsches. Point is that the driver is 90% of a car, the rest is all numbers that don't mean crap. Don't hate. It is better to find that you can learn something from pretty much any driver/car and if you use that knowledge and pass it along you'll gain respect too.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i wasnt tryin to jump your case or bash you or anything man, was just throwing out my views this morning, i was in a delerious rambling state, went from night shift to days for this week and im all tore up

Return to “Off-Topic”