Can V6 parts fit L4 MX-3's??

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
simo711

Can V6 parts fit L4 MX-3's??

Post by simo711 »

Is it possible?? I've searched the archives and haven't found alot...any help would do.<P>Chris
Alt-Tab

Re: Can V6 parts fit L4 MX-3's??

Post by Alt-Tab »

If you can be a little more specific that would be great. There are thousands of parts that make up a car, some that fit, and some that don't.<P>Nice to see another KY person on here...
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
simo711

Post by simo711 »

Okay,<P>Well, lowering springs, prm intake, HKS Super Mega Flow intake, ECU Upgrade Chips, Superchips or JET, HURRICANE Headers, and I know there are more out there. I have the 1994 base model L4 1.6L. Trying to make it faster since it is all looks right now.<P>Chris
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by simo711:<BR><STRONG>lowering springs, prm intake, HKS Super Mega Flow intake, ECU Upgrade Chips, Superchips or JET, HURRICANE Headers</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Jeff Abrams: "There is no difference in the strut design between the V6 model and the I4<BR>model except for spring rate.<BR>The V6 GCs will seem a bit stiff, but you probably won't notice." <--asked just recently on the mailing list.<P>I would recommend the PRM intake from <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A> (saves you $10 instead of <A HREF="http://www.prmracing.com" TARGET=_blank>www.prmracing.com</A>) Most MXers will agree with me when I say the PRM is awesome!<P>Don't know about the HKS, check on their website. (??)<P>Chips are pretty rare, and I don't recall much being posted about them. Seems like maybe a couple of people have them, but I can't remember who. Maybe somebody else can answer that one.<P>And I don't think headers are available for the MX-3, if they are I dare say they're for the V6.<P>Good luck in the never-ending quest for power! :D<p>[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: Alt-Tab ]
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”