CLICKY TICKY TRANNY

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Gottagofaster

CLICKY TICKY TRANNY

Post by Gottagofaster »

ok, so i was driving to school today...got ready to park turned off the music and i heard this really bad ticking...sounded like something was loose and just bouncing around..I just parked ran into school..I just got home and It definently coming from my trannsmission. here are the symptoms...if i put it in 1st gear with the clutch in it makes the noise...If I have it out of gear and push the clutch in it stops making the noise...but if i have it in nuetral and let the clutch out it makes the noise....
anyone ever have a similar problem?
thanks
93 mx-3 bp, CAI, msd blaster 2, ngk wires,NGK V-powers(just for limegreen). Pacesetter headers, no cat, cat-back 2.25" piping, autometer lunar A/F gauge, 800w 12" sub w/1600w amp. 3 way pioneer speakers all around
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

My brother had an issue like that with his Eclipse, I don't know if it's the same issue that you had, or not...

It made a funny squeaky squealy noise when the clutch wasn't pushed in.
There were two things wrong with it...
1. He didn't bleed the clutch system right
2. This was his biggest issue... the arm on the clutch that pushes in that little round piece (I have totally forgotten the name of it)

well, it's a real flimsy piece that "secures" to the end of the arm onto the clutch.... that got loose and I guess randomly rubbed when he didn't have the clutch pushed in...

it might not be your tranny, though... which would be a good thing.

course your situation might be very different than mine.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

could be your clutch fork possibly too but doesnt sound at all like ur tranny, but something related to the clutch
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

If i had to guess I would say the throwout bearing.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Haha, that's right, I suck at remembering, the throwout bearing and the fork. haha, that's what happened to my bro's car. Ahh, I feel my intelligence seeping back into my brain :oops:
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

i had that problem with my jetta. it was becuz there was a lil bit a movent on the mount.
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

mine is like inside the transmission i'm pretty sure i'ts a clutch problem. i'm going to pull my tranny and take a look at it....maybe get a new tranny tomorrow i'll see
93 mx-3 bp, CAI, msd blaster 2, ngk wires,NGK V-powers(just for limegreen). Pacesetter headers, no cat, cat-back 2.25" piping, autometer lunar A/F gauge, 800w 12" sub w/1600w amp. 3 way pioneer speakers all around

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”