ko3 turbo vs. vj-11

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
all8up

ko3 turbo vs. vj-11

Post by all8up »

Hey, does anyone know the size differences in these two turbos? and cfm's? which one would spool up quicker? thanks, in advance
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

for what engine is this ?
I haven't played with the vj-11 but MANY guys over here played with them so I'll let them speak out about it. AS for the ko3, is it a k03s ? Either way it spools quite fast. This is what I have on my golf right now (ko3s) and it hit 14psi by 3k rpms (on a 1.8L engine 9.5CR). Takes about 0.5 sec to 1 sec to go from 0 to 14 psi on it. It's a kick in the nuts
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I'd guess the Ko3 will have a little more flow and probably equivelant spool as it is a more modern design. Either will make a fun turbo with very very quick spool.

Another good junkyard turbo is the Mitsubishi 14B or you may get lucky and find a 16G. They have a bit of initial lag...enough to use to your advantage traction wise. We used a small Mitsu 16G on a naturally aspirated BP and at 7psi it put down nearly 190WHP and over 200lb/ft. of torque. It had crappy IC pipes and a talon side mount IC stuffed infront of the fender well out of sight. Basically we took the entire talon turbo setup including part of the exhaust and made it fit the BP in the MX-3 all in under 10hrs total install time...literally slapped it to gether! It was a purpose build sleeper. Couldn't see anything that clued you it a had a turbo unless we popped the hood. The we made the install look like but so you though it HAD to be slow....hehehe...it was all over for them except the crying! Awsome street setup!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
all8up

Post by all8up »

I think it's just a straight K03, not k03s... i may try both of them before its over, may be a fun comparison. I'm looking for some good torque out of this 1.6 dohc for a daily driver.
facko

Post by facko »

i had a vj-11 on my mx3 and i loved it. spooled up really quick and it fit the motor well. i actually got a newer turbo vj-11 waiting to go on :D...now all i need is a new block =/
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit

Return to “Forced Induction”