Arrrggg turbo probs : P

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
XxantwawnxX

Arrrggg turbo probs : P

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Well so after some mean races with a 2006 stang GT and a camaro ss(i won both)So the next day my car is.....dun dun duuunnn. SMOKING OUT THE #$%%.

I figure the worse and do a compression check. 210 all across the board. YAY!

I find out the turbo seal (turbins side) is spewing oil : (. So im gonna order a rebuidl kit.

Any tips on doing this , it seems pretty straight foward but i guess you never know.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
RbluE_MX-6

Post by RbluE_MX-6 »

Just make sure you get it balanced, get the seals to sit in properly, and dont overwork the turbo after you rebuild it. Thats the quickest way to get to rebuilding it again or buying a new one.
88 Mx-6 GT FE-DOHC rebuilt

Too much to list...
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

thanx

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

http://www.atpturbo.co or http://www.forcedperformance.com

You could upgrade with a readily assembled and balanced ballbearing CHRA for what it would cost to buy a new t3/t4 journal bearing turbo :wink:

Since your oil seal is leaking the first thing you need to check is your turbo oil drain hose. If it or the housing is cloged it will cause that. Other causes are excessive oil pressure with out using a oil restrictor on the turbo (usually only on GT"R" series), excessive crank case pressure, or turbo chra sitting to low for oil to drain properly. The oil seals don't normally go bad on their own, see the last FAQ at the bottom of this link: http://www.forcedperformance.net/faq.aspx
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

ive never tried a rebuild kit myself and i dont know the condition of your turbo's internals but i would send it to a shop that has the equipment to properly balance it. turbos spin at insane rpms and balancing will prolong the life of your turbo after it has been professionally remachined and rebuilt. dont forget to prime it after u get it back, it is detrimental to the seals in the turbo.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

XxantwawnxX dont hurt my car :wink:
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

hahaha, soory man : P

Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Im telling you right now to bring it to a shop to get it fixed. They have the proper equipment to handle it. If you do decide to take it on yourself.. Mark the compressor wheel with the shaft because when you put it back togethor it has to be in the exact right place because they balance them like that.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Yea, id like to tackle it my self and i beleive i can but i think i am gonna take it somehwere.

nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

i paid like $300 for a shop to rebuild mine, including the kit.

turned out though that the relocation of the oil line is what caused it to leak. Too bad i didn't know more back then. it was still good to rebuild my turbo though.
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]

Return to “Forced Induction”