Yet another dumb question about an FMU....

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Nomad_69er

Yet another dumb question about an FMU....

Post by Nomad_69er »

Sorry for the newb questions again, I just want everything to work out well. To keep you updated I have the mani/turbo on, the coolant lines run, the oil lines run, and the intercooler piping is getting done tomorrow or Monday! Soon it will be alive again....the question I have now is how to hook up the FMU. I realize it's a pretty dumb question but on Vortech's website it says to hook it up to your fuel return lines, is this correct? I assumed it hooked up to the fuel line right after the fuel filter! Thanks for the help.....again!! :lol:

Bryan
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Yep.. goes in your return line. A long time ago, I used to think the same as you did.. that it would go in the line going to the fuel rail but how it works you see is basically restricting the returning flow of fuel so that the pressure in the lines before it increases. Imagine a garden hose with one of those spray heads on it. Hoses almost always have little leaks in the hose somewhere so when youre not spraying the little leaks squirt far... but when you spray the pressure in the line goes down and the leak dosent squirt as far. Well the nozzle is like your fmu and the leak is like an injector. Make sense?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Nomad_69er

Post by Nomad_69er »

Thanks Franko....it all makes sense now....the planets have alligned! :lol:

Bryan
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Yet another dumb question about an FMU....

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Nomad_69er wrote:Sorry for the newb questions again, I just want everything to work out well. To keep you updated I have the mani/turbo on, the coolant lines run, the oil lines run, and the intercooler piping is getting done tomorrow or Monday! Soon it will be alive again....the question I have now is how to hook up the FMU. I realize it's a pretty dumb question but on Vortech's website it says to hook it up to your fuel return lines, is this correct? I assumed it hooked up to the fuel line right after the fuel filter! Thanks for the help.....again!! :lol:

Bryan
the fuel filter is on the feed side, not return so it's not near the fmu.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “Forced Induction”