Wanted: Help with KLZE swap...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Distrait

Wanted: Help with KLZE swap...

Post by Distrait »

Hey, this is my first post in the forums, but i have been reading them for a while..

After some reading I've decided I would like to get a KLZE in my car :D

However, I'm not even close to being a mechanic, and I think it could get expensive if i get a mechanic to do the swap for me. Just wanna know if anyone in my area (kitchener, ontatrio. or anywhere close, cambridge, guelph, toronto, etc) would be willing to help me out with swapping my engine. I'd be happy to pay of course.

Also advice on where to buy would be good, as well as what else is reccomended to upgrade to compensate for the increased power output. I've talked to one member on the forum and they said i just need an mx6 clutch (i would probably just buy a new one) and that my stock tranny (5spd) was fine. I found an engine that sounds good to me, but would like some input on this engine

http://www.tigerjapanese.com/product_in ... cts_id=114

Thanks in advance guys, any help is appreciated.

also, just wondering... i was thinking of getting altezzas, is it possible to just change the clear markers with amber ones to make them legal in ontario?
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Dont mean to steal the thread from you but how about some Engine/Tranny swap safety tips?
Lets not set something on fire or get our faced smashed up. We need tips
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Wanted: Help with KLZE swap...

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Distrait wrote:Also advice on where to buy would be good, as well as what else is reccomended to upgrade to compensate for the increased power output. I've talked to one member on the forum and they said i just need an mx6 clutch (i would probably just buy a new one) and that my stock tranny (5spd) was fine. I found an engine that sounds good to me, but would like some input on this engine

http://www.tigerjapanese.com/product_in ... cts_id=114

Thanks in advance guys, any help is appreciated.

also, just wondering... i was thinking of getting altezzas, is it possible to just change the clear markers with amber ones to make them legal in ontario?
Just a new clutch is really needed to handle the power, just don't get a stock Mx-6 clutch, or what some place call a JDM Clutch, they don't hold well and will only last a few months. Even Mx-6/Probe owners arguably do not recommend a stock clutch on a KLDE. A good Stage 1 aftermarket clutch should reliably do the job.
Here's a recent topic on clutches in the v6 section:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=53712

Secondly, DO NOT BUY FROM TIGER JAPAN. Since they changed ownership, they have been ignorantly passing off KLDE's as KLZE's.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... iger+japan

There's Japan Auto, their prices are high, but they have low milleage and an incredable warranty. Even if you or someone else did the swap, they will change the engine at no cost (not even labor) if it's proven defective during the warranty period.

PakfeiferCanada.com sell's engines, their based in Toronto. Their great to deal with.

I've gotten mine from EngineLand in Montreal, but lately I've heard mixed reviews on the quality of their engines.

For the Altezza lights, you can't change the lense,but if you have the clear one, you can get amber bulbs, I think they are even available at Canadian Tire.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Distrait

Post by Distrait »

thanks for the reply. i have somebody willing to goto tiger with me to pick the correct engine, but i will check the other places as well.

whats the difference between stage 1, 2, and 3 clutches?

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”