Sun roof isnt working!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
heavenzjai

Sun roof isnt working!!

Post by heavenzjai »

i have a problem w/ my sunroof. when its all the way down, n i try to make it go back, it doesnt want to move. i have to force that thing like 1/2 way back till the buttom actually does anything. i took my roof apart, and im looking at the motor. everything looks fine..... any one wanna help?
916 Blk MX3 V6
Pallor

Re: Sun roof isnt working!!

Post by Pallor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bobby:<BR><STRONG>i have a problem w/ my sunroof. when its all the way down, n i try to make it go back, it doesnt want to move. i have to force that thing like 1/2 way back till the buttom actually does anything. i took my roof apart, and im looking at the motor. everything looks fine..... any one wanna help?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That happens to mine. If I push the open button it just churns on the motor til I punch the ceiling. It usually depends on the weather and if its rained and the roof was closed and dried and a seal was made. Generally I just WD-40 the side tracks and front every now and then to help it. The WD-40 seems to help a lot.<P>- Meg
------------
Pallor
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE 1.8L V6 DOHC Raspberry | 2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 3.0L V6 DOHC Glacier Silver
sk94gs

Re: Sun roof isnt working!!

Post by sk94gs »

The same thing happens to mine too after it rains....the moisture makes the rubber form a really tight seal, so tight that the motor alone won't open the sunroof. All I do is gently push it up at the back to help it get going.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”