FLYWHEEL HELP

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Boris

FLYWHEEL HELP

Post by Boris »

Well I bought a MIATA fidanza flywheel for the 1.6L. I also bought a centreforce 1.6L MX3 clutch. THEY DO NOT MATCH UP. The dowels are way off, and the fidanza looks bigger. COULD THIS BE THE 1.8L flywheel!? Sure seems like it!!! How much bigger is the 1.8 than the 1.6??

So f***ing pissed off!!!
Boris

Post by Boris »

The flywheel is around the same size as the one i took off, but the locating dowels and the bolt holes are in different places!
Boris

Post by Boris »

Do I need to buy a Miata clutch, instead of the MX3 clutch??
Boris

Post by Boris »

torpedan

Post by torpedan »

CAn i get a side profile view of the clutch?

Its not a BP Flywheel, it looks simlar to a b6 but i cant say yes or no because its a very generic style.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Boris

Post by Boris »

OK flywheel has been confirmed as the 1.6L Mazda Miata flywheel. Yeah I can get a side shot of the clutch. So maybe an mx3 clutch will NOT match up with a miata flywheel? Maybe I need a Miata clutch as well?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i see what u mean there off u'll need the miata pressure plate only and u can use the mx-3 disc. so that the trans slide right up.

as for ur belts to ur UDP

Gates Mirco V PS/AC belt part # K040384 $25.00

Gates Mirco V ALT. belt part # K040340 $25.00

$25.00 the amount i paid per belt 2 years ago probly gone down in price.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Boris

Post by Boris »

Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

that does not look like a centerforce pressure plate they are orange like act is yellow. i got the same results u did when i put a mx-3 perssure plate on a 1.6 miata flywheel. & the miata perssure plate
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Boris

Post by Boris »

well i'm sure it's centreforce. It's only a stage 1, maybe the stage 2+ are orange.... So you're saying that you couldn't put your mx3 pressure plate onto a fidanza flywheel either? Any suggestions anyone?
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

actaully you can run a mx-3 clutch kit with a miata flywheel i am doing right now!!!

I am running a fidanza miata flywheel with a stage 3 SPEC clutch kit, and had no problems with them not linning up!!!!

Try linning up the pins and the holes on the fidanza and your stock flywheel to see if it is the flywheel or the pressure plate that has the wrong pattern??

But yeah i agree that does not look like a centerforce pressure palte at all!?
Boris

Post by Boris »

oh really? Yeah the stock flywheel has different locating dowels. The Fidanza's locating dowels and holes are closer to the end of the flywheel.

The new pressure plate works on my old flywheel, which is why I thought the flywheel was wrong, but supposedly (according to the place I bought it from) it's a mazda miata flywheel for a 1990-93 1.6L

I'm really confused now, i don't really know what to do. The numbers on the fidanza box were the correct part #...

I'll try putting my old pressure plate on the fidanza flywheel to see what happens, i'm pretty sure it won't work though.

This sucks,
Boris
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

so then it would be the wrong flywheel!!! I will try and find the part number from my fidanza flywheel to match it up with yours!!!
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Joey's mx wrote:so then it would be the wrong flywheel!!! I will try and find the part number from my fidanza flywheel to match it up with yours!!!
Man I wish I got all excited like you when I talk with a lot of these ! thingies!!!!! LMAO!!!!!
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

definately does not look like a centerforce

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”