interior "hold" light/ speedo

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
flatblackterror06

interior "hold" light/ speedo

Post by flatblackterror06 »

what is going on with it? you know, the hold button on the side of the shifter (obviously automatic), well if you press the button, "hold" comes up on the cluster....well anywho, the other day, my speedometer and odometer stopped working, and that "hold" light, has been blinking, obviously its not supposed to...thanks for ANY reply. and if it helps, its got 120k on the whole car, and it's a 1.6
PatMX3

Post by PatMX3 »

Well, when i was having tranny probs @ 124 K, the HOLD button came on.
it stayd lit. hmm, maybe all u need to do is take the ODO- CABLE which is behind your dash cluster, pull it out, and then put it back in!. That cable is what controls the revolvin digits for the mileage and TRIP. in theory if the cable is lose, both those functions wouldnt work at all!.
i say try and look at that cable. i cant think of anything else! :)

My first mx-3 a 93 1.6, had the tranny prob. same as yours
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

A flashing hold button is not a good thing. Search in the auto transmission section, there'll be plenty of information regarding that.q
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
flatblackterror06

ah, thank you guys for the help. i don't think it's a tranny problem, i mean trannys are supposed to last longer than that, right? and it still runs fine and the shifts are smooth
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I don't have an auto, but not from what I read. I think Andrew_Paluka's car was doing that and I think it's comming, Flashing means there's an issue, and i think it mean you have several months left before it fails. But check out the auto transmission section, it'll give you all your auto-info you need.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
flatblackterror06

thanks. but have you ever heard of that happening, along with the speedo/odometer going out at the Same time?
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

You can get the transmission fault codes by jumping GND->TAT in the disgnostic box under the hood. The hold light will flash to indicate the fault code. How to read the codes is explained in the online manual page K-062 and the meaning of the codes is in K-064.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”