Two seater

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
XHurleyX

Two seater

Post by XHurleyX »

So im taking out my back seats and im going to make it a two seater this way the ladies and i can have fun in the back and more space cause that little room wasent cutting it . So what do u guys think about the two seat conversion?
-Simon-
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I did this conversion a long time ago.. basically to avoid a third wheel when going out or to avoid people asking me for rides :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
XHurleyX

Post by XHurleyX »

lol same here but i also think it looks better two cause the mx3 is two small for a four seater my freind has to use the whole back for room lol it sucked
-Simon-
XHurleyX

Post by XHurleyX »

oh and how did u get your frame for your two seater to stay still
-Simon-
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I didnt do anything.. i guess i did not feel anything because i have front a rear strut bars. I did not feel the frame twist or anything when i removed the seat.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

i haven't pulled by back seats and i still classifie my car as a two seater with rear seats for show purposes only

reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

My car came with no backseats, and now im lookin for some lol..
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
95Precidia

Post by 95Precidia »

yeah the backseats are made for midgets or for show
95 RS Blaze Red, RTX 17's Gunmetal with Polished Lip, Falken Tires, GS Lip, Carbon Fibre Altezza Tailights, Black and Red Interior (front/rear seats, door panels, and rear panels. GS Spoiler, Hood with scoop, Black Mirrors, Pioneer Deh-p6800 Deck, Infinity 6010cs components, infintity 4x6 Rears, Red Shift Boot , 12 Blue Interior Lights throughout car and 4 leds in vents wired to 2 switches total
Feedback
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54606
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394622
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

Too much work. You would have to custom out the whole back of your car.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Custom out the whole back of your car ?
Just get some carpet to cover up the areas .. Not a big deal
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

yea i was thinkin about doing the same thing .. do u jsut take outt he bottom and back of the seat and leave the carpet in it ? i think you could also jsut take out the bottom and drop the back seats and leave them liek that they stay flush with the trunk ... ?
D323

Post by D323 »

I plan on cutting my seat rails and modding them back, so I sit an additional 6 inches back from where stock sits.... Eliminates the back seat and gives me plenty of leg room.

Afterthat I am gonna try to fiberglass something up to go where the rear seat was with some setero equipment.
GS + BP + T3 + 9lb flywheel - some dead weight = ;)
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

IMO Pull those bad boys outta there. I did it a couple years ago for the looks, weight savings and extra space. Replaced just the rear seat-bottom w/a piece of 6" thick foam rubber. Trimmed the foam rubber for a snug fit and so it would lay flat at same ht. as the trunk deck. Had a friend who sews make me a zippered black slip cover for the foam slab and I replaced the trunk carpet with a larger piece to cover the whole rear area. Can carry a bike(or two) back there or buncha music equip etc.
Image -Jim
trimble

Post by trimble »

I'm thinking about pulling my back seats too. Is it busy under the actual seat? Or just simple stuff I can remove and add in some sound equipment by myself?
hharb

Post by hharb »

can you guys post pics? i would want to try it, but i need to see what you guys have done and how it turned first. if anybody can post pics or send them to my email hassan_harb86@hotmail.com it would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Appearance”