Anyone feel like helping me out

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
thedog300

Anyone feel like helping me out

Post by thedog300 »

Well, I'm still searching for the right mx-3, but when I do, I'll want to swap a KL-ZE in it. I will probably get the car sometime this summer, and get the KL-ZE probably sometime during the fall or winter. Is there anyone around brockville that could help me out. Chances are, I'll end up taking the 3 1/2 hour drive to Toronto to pick up the engine. Would anyone around T-Dot be able to help me out there, and provide me with a shop for a weekend? Also, can you see any weight problems with a KL-ZE being in the trunk of an MX-3 on (probably) stock suspension? Or would I need a friend to bring along a van or truck for the trip?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Members in Brockville area? Look above to the "memberlist" link. And it's a matter of making the right filters and scrolling through the gazillions of pages until you get to the Brockville, Prescott, Gananoque, North Gower and Ottawa areas. As far as installs go in your area, go to the KL Series site (Ottawa region site) and ask about install places. Also, do the same on MX6.com and Probetalk sites in the appropriate section / forum to find suitable install establishments in your area.
I would never even think of attempting to put a ZE engine in the back of our car. Not only the weight issue, but the damage one would make just getting it over the hatch lip and not damaging any floor area or plastic pieces. Wouldn't even want to take the gamble. If you've got a possible connection to use a van or truck - USE IT.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”