Door Panals

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
purplemx3gs

Door Panals

Post by purplemx3gs »

On the interior door panals where the carpet part is, i would like to put vynal. I was told i should remove the carpet first. My question is...when i go to cut the carpet around the edges, will the leather/vynal on the outside edge tare away?
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

there is vinyl underneatth the fabric, just cut the fabric in a corner and slowly try to pull it off one complete piece ., there will be some sticky residue left on the vinyl part that can be cleaned with mineral spirits ... I am fortunate enough to work in a paint shop so I painted and clearcoated mine and I've had no problem at all
purplemx3gs

Post by purplemx3gs »

wen i took the carpet off there was no vynal, just yellow foam and its taking forever to get it off!! do you know a easy was to get it all off to a clean wood surface? i was just scraping and its taking forever!
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

I used towels soaked with laquer thinner and was careful not to get it on other areas ...just take your time it will slowly loosen up :)
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

I had mine trimmed in white vinyl. He left the old material on underneath the vinyl as it would just of made things messy if he had taken it off.....

To get over the creases, he got 3 pieces and stiched them together.....

Return to “Appearance”