Standard ecu with ZE streight neck??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zippodk

Standard ecu with ZE streight neck??

Post by zippodk »

Is it possible to do this with reprogramming the ecu? I drive with MAF but true ZE is with VAF... or what do i need to change? Or is it possible... (without changing the intake).

Any advice would be apriciated. 8)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

True ZE is VAF correct, but it also comes with a JE50 VAF, the same that comes on a stock mx-3 v6.
zippodk

Post by zippodk »

the problem is i have KFZE engine and ecu :roll:
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

zippodk wrote:the problem is i have KFZE engine and ecu :roll:
So what? It still take a JE50 VAF. All Japanese spec Mazda V6's in the 90's used a JE50 VAF. All J series and K series V6 engines.
zippodk

Post by zippodk »

no... not all are with je50. Je50 is a VAF system k engines. And others are MAF system and they are completely differrent.

Image Thats KFZE MAF connections VS JE50
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I'm starting to get the feeling you're not telling us everything. Are you in an English speaking country? If so, stop with the crypticly short messages and explain your entire situation. What car is this going into? What country is your car from? What engine EXACTLY do you have? What computer EXACTLY do you have?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Some KLZEs and KFZES did come with VAFs and MAFs. Are you using your stock harness?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

lakersfan1 wrote:I'm starting to get the feeling you're not telling us everything. Are you in an English speaking country? If so, stop with the crypticly short messages and explain your entire situation. What car is this going into? What country is your car from? What engine EXACTLY do you have? What computer EXACTLY do you have?
Agreed. This is very annoying for someone who's asking for assistance. Gives a little info but not complete - thereby giving wrong impression. Wrong impression you ask?? - Profile info is incomplete (not stating location of member), No info in sig block to indicate improvements if any either. Then gives a little more info that changes the complexion slightly, but again, still not a complete story. And to top it all off, where is he going with all of this in the first place. Not to mention, all of this is well documented, numerous times and is available via a search.
Re-cap .... J-Spec MX6 (MS8) used JE50 VAF, J-Spec Millennia (Eunos 800) used a MAF (type/# unknown to me).
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

jschrauwen wrote:J-Spec Millennia (Eunos 800) used a MAF (type/# unknown to me).[/color]
THis should be a moot issue as we're on an MX3 board, and there are proper ECU's available for every engine that go with the KL02 or JE50. But now that he's whipping out a picture of a MAF plug, I'm starting to think he doesn't even have an MX3.
zippodk

Post by zippodk »

sorry if i sound iritating to you it was not my intention.

I thought all KFZE engines use MAF system so i wanted to see if someone had to do rewiring when dropping Enos KLZE (maf) or KFZE in you'r mx3 as the procedure would be the same just reversed.

I have a lantis 2.0 KFZE v6 (European). And dropped KLZE in the car. It runs ok whith standard ecu (KF 77 ECU) but to get full peak power of ze i must afcourse intall the kl31/36 with je50. The problem is that im not shoure if i did the connections right as the car behaves strange. (runs rich and idles weary bad)

When i compare the ECU connections of an standard kf77 ecu with mx3 its almost identical. There are some small diferences with A/C batery lights and sfcourse maf/vaf differences.

Or is it easier to get complete wiring harness from mx3 and install it?
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Ok lets get this straight for five minutes

the engine ECU loom for a Maf is different for a Vaf.
you can't just go and splice it up to suit a different sensor
and wack in another ecu and hope it runs fine.

So the engine ran fine with your KF77 ecu and your Maf.

You have since tried to install a kl31/36 and Vaf and it runs
like Poo!

Edited.

Try searching MS window switch's as the main differnce between
Ecu's and intakes is when the virs points open and close.
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”