lol

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
hgallegos915

lol

Post by hgallegos915 »

haha why was my "how to steal an mx3" post deleted? because its easy and alerts us to use alarms? LOL
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Cy

Post by Cy »

I think that his post should be allowed to stay on here..
Anyone looking to break into an Mx-3 specifically is an idiot and isn't going to come on the site lookking to find out how... people steal cars and stereo equipment in times of opportunity..

Noone's looking to steal a Mx on a Mx board..

After opening up my doors to install a new inner door lock arm, i noticed that with a jimmy you could EASILY open the door and have since welded a plate over the lock...

Also most alarms are not equipped with an hood opening sensor...so you accessory port (if you have one, should be used on that)...
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah thanks :) I welded the handle to the back inner door. It goit me worried that it took me less than 5 minutes to open my own car. im trying to see how i can fix the ignition lock's weakness...i think a way around it is having a kill switch hidden somewhere. My aunt has this neat thign,.., you HAVE to turb the brights on first before starting it and then turn them off and car starts. without it it wont.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Cy wrote:Anyone looking to break into an Mx-3 specifically is an idiot and isn't going to come on the site lookking to find out how... people steal cars and stereo equipment in times of opportunity..

Noone's looking to steal a Mx on a Mx board..
Be a good place to start I would have thought....

What about when Google indexes it and you can do a search for "steal mx3" and that post comes up? And it will be cached by Google and be too late to delete then.... That post could potentially put all mx3ers at risk, not just users of the board.
Also most alarms are not equipped with an hood opening sensor...
Cy, surely they ALL do? Its just a matter of going to the trouble to install the wiring and hook it up.

How about you guys writing a couple of howtos on how to protect an mx3? I'd like to see how to weld that plate over the lock - could be a good cheap fix.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Neil

Post by Neil »

Grants wrote:How about you guys writing a couple of howtos on how to protect an mx3? I'd like to see how to weld that plate over the lock - could be a good cheap fix.
I'd like to see this too
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

I've locked my keys in my car so many times that I got pretty good at getting in in under 1min. Any theft deterent info would be useful. Just title it something inconspicuous so that, like Grant said, its not so easy to google.
Speaking of breaking in, my cd player was stolen bout a week ago. The night b4 I got my car back from the shop. I was warned to remove all valuables but I was too busy to take the time. Now I wish I would have made time[/i]
93 MX3 GS SE KLZE -- RIP May 1, 2011
14.007 @ 98.46 1.991 60ft -- the only time she made it to the 1/4 :(

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

Car crime will never be stopped > if they want your car they're going to take it!

A few simple suggestions:
> think about where your parking your car and how long you'll leave it there,
> don't park in the same spot all the time e.g on a road, in same car park every day etc, > criminals love routines makes it an easy target.
> if your going to put uprated stereo equipment in your car, cover it up to passers by while parked,
> built in tv's allow for a security cover panel
> if the car is parked outside on a night > car covers?
> wheel clamps
> snap off steering wheels
> keep the car stock > so stands out less
> tinted windows
Juggalomastaxx

Post by Juggalomastaxx »

Actually it's very simple to steal an mx-3. It's not that much different than a honda :D just a couple more screws. I've learned to cover my a$$ about it. Also i have a very good alarm on my car. That's cool about the headlights to start the car. No one would ever think of that. I've practiced on my 93 MX-3 that's wrecked on the side of my house. Anyone need parts? lol
Harbinger

Post by Harbinger »

Honestly, its up to the reader how to react

you simply offered the public a way to grab the keys from the car if your dumb enough to lock them in. Although I would have chosen a better subject line (general intentions etc.) lol funny tho

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”