car wont start! help!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jorcool13

car wont start! help!

Post by jorcool13 »

Car wont start no spark I cheked the spark plugs, Spark plug wires, distributor, and ignition harness and everything fine! what could it be?
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

does it crank over? could be starter, or a bad battery. get a voltagemeter and test the battery and test the starter see if its good.
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
jorcool13

Post by jorcool13 »

it does cranks and the battery is new!
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

hmm, then something in the ignition... check the gap on the spark plugs, starter: how old is it? are the terminals from the starter and see if their still good and not corroded. are the battery terminals still stock?
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

when was the last time it ran? could be flooded or a bad fuel filter now that i think of that, check all that stuff. and if nothing is bad try jump starting it see if that works
jorcool13

Post by jorcool13 »

what does the fuel filter have anything to be with the spark problem? the last time it was turned on was 5 months ago, finaly I had installed my tranny and when trying to start it wont start and cheked for spark and that was the problem no spark

then I cheked the spark plugs, spark plugs wires, distributor, ignition harness, starter, starter terminals and wires, and everything looks fine what else could it be the only thing I have change since the car wont do no spark was the fuel filter

Have new battery!
Last edited by jorcool13 on June 14th, 2006, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

check the flux compacitor
jorcool13

Post by jorcool13 »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:check the flux compacitor
whats that?
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

capacitor and ignition module on 93 andbelow, they are on the same braket

also check the 10 amp fuse inside the car fuse box as that blew on me and was the only thing stopping me after i replaced ignition module coil and disty.
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
jorcool13

Post by jorcool13 »

I have the 1.6 DOHC!
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

then check the 10 amp engine fuse that is inside the car, it is there on the dohc version
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
jorcool13

Post by jorcool13 »

I cheked the 10A fuse of the engine and it was good!
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

no! the FLUX compacitor.....thats what makes time travel possible, that goes and then your spark goes....got it mcfly?
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

finaly I had installed my tranny and when trying to start it wont start and cheked for spark and that was the problem no spark

Did you check all of your connectors ? i know theres one mounted on the front of the transmission that senses wheather your clutch is beiing pushed in or not. It controls weather your car starts or not. I forgot to connect this after i did my clutch change and my car wouldnt start. also theres two other connectors under the dash above the clutch pedel that control the same function.
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) wrote:finaly I had installed my tranny and when trying to start it wont start and cheked for spark and that was the problem no spark

Did you check all of your connectors ? i know theres one mounted on the front of the transmission that senses wheather your clutch is beiing pushed in or not. It controls weather your car starts or not. I forgot to connect this after i did my clutch change and my car wouldnt start. also theres two other connectors under the dash above the clutch pedel that control the same function.
If the neutral safety switch is not configured properly the engine wont even crank.

Are you sure both connectors to the disty are plugged in properly? Did you check for codes? How did you check for spark?
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”